cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting filter for IDOC

0 Kudos

I are trying to set filter in ALE distribution model through transaction code SALE at the sales organization level for IDOC.

By setting the filter I am restricting IDOC to be triggered for the certain sales area .

The functionality of the filter is to allow the idoc to be triggered for the sales organization which I maintain in the filter.

I want this to work the other way round so that IDOC is not triggered for the sales organization which I set up in the filter.

I have checked but there is nothing available on multiple selection.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just specify all other Sales Orgs (except for the one that you don't need) in the filter. Unfortunately, there is no option to enter any additional conditions (such as "not equal") in the ALE filter.

0 Kudos

u201C Thanks for the response. But the number of sales organization for which the Idoc should trigger is much more compared to the number for which it should not. So this will call for more of data maintenance.

Is there a way if we can achieve this through some ABAP work in program etc??

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which IDoc/Message are we talking about specifically?

If it's triggered by output (e.g. ORDERS), then a requirement could be applied to the output, so that it's not created when not necessary. If memory serves, filters in SALE are mostly used to correctly distribute the data. For example, if you have Sales Orgs 1, 2 and 3 and corresponding partner profiles (say, logical systems LS) in WE21, then a filter would be needed for a master data (MATMAS, for example), so that the sales data for each material is distributed, correspondingly to the Logical System 1, 2 and 3, as applicable.

You may also create the IDocs but never send them. There is also an option to use ABAP port and create your own function module for the IDoc processing.

It all depends on the type of IDoc.