cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial configuration of Netweavwer 04s ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I've installed the system, SAP seems to be quite a resource hog by default. I've installed on a Windows Server 2003 system with Athlon XP 2000+, 1GB of ram and an ATA133 disk.

kernel.exe is using 30-60% cpu and constantly accessing the disk, doing I know not what. I have been advised to try reducing the number of dialog processes, but are there any other tips for improving the situation?

I've had to shut down the SAP system because I'm worried about what it'll do to my disk!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

One suggestion is to check a swap size and amount of free space on disks. i don't think that kernel.exe is a SAP process, it looks more like an OS system process.

Windows utilities (e.g. from sysinternals.com) can also be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems the system settled down when I restarted it. I suppose the database runs some sort of management job - one of my basis colleagues at work suggested I investigate the SAP db management transactions for an idea of what's going on. However, mostly the system runs fine and responds very quickly.