cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGATE crash after applying ITS 6.20 patch 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today I updated a dev/test ITS instance from 6.20 patch 19 (with hotfix) to patch 20, all my pre-reading on the patch didn't uncover any potential problems with this upgrade.

But since applying the AGATE keeps crashing with the following error displayed

"500 ITS Error Communication problem: The web server extension (WGate) failed to receive a response from the ITS web service."

happens when you try to run any webgui service, strange thing is that the Admin instance works without fault, in fact some bugs I'd come across in patch 19 are now fixed

THe patch installed without incident

platform is windows 2003 server (no SP1)

Is there some known issues with this patch? Any one else having trouble with it?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

this is not a known issue. Note 773421 gives information on agate aborts. Please check if this is really an abort. If the agate aborts note 692107 describes how to download and install symbols to get callstacks, that can be used by development to track down the bug.

If this is not a connection issue between Wgate and Agate, please create an OSS message with a details description about how the issue can be recreated.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Klaus,

The AGATE is really aborting, I am getting 'ItsExceptionRecord' information dumped into the trace files folder for every ITS instance each time I try to run any ITS service.

WAGTE & AGATE are on the same host so I don't think connectivity is the issue, plus the ITS admin instance works without fault which I feel disproves any connection problem.

I've logged with OSS (msg num - 0000223232) & have provided them examples of an ItsExceptionRecord with dump file, but the service has been a little slow on this one, must be a tricky issue! Will look into turning the debug symbols on, thanks for that information.

I'm actually also looking at my options to roll back the ITS to patch 19 (+ the hotfix). Even if I do get patch 20 working my confidence level to roll it into a production system is VERY low. Some documentation I've read makes me think I can down-grade to patch 19 simply by re-installing that patch, do you know if this is true?

Regards

Danny

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

development fixed the issue of agate crashing in function MbcsM2UuseRSCP. The support attached a hotfix to your message. Please test it in your environment. Then decide the next steps (downgrade or stay on patch 20) together with the support.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Klaus,

I got the hotfix & tried it ealier today, unfortunatly it didn't make any difference, I was still getting the same dump whenever I tried to run a service.

Since I was trialing this patch before moving it into a production system I have decided to roll back to Patch 19, which has worked and the ITS is back up and running again.

Thanks for your help, at this stage we have decided to stick with patch 19 for now and have another try when patch 21 is release.

Regards Danny

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

we were able to fix the issue. It only occurs if a flowlogic services runs and destributed statistic records are activated. It was no possible to fix this with patch 21. Note 925698 describes the details.

Best regards,

Klaus