cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

livecache integration with APO database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I clicked on 'initilize livecache' now, i want to get the APO database content (as per business requirement) into livecache. Please help me with procedure to get the data from APO database to livecache database.

Thanks

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar

Do you use MAXDB for APO DB ?

Only MADXB support one integration DB with APO DB and liveCache.

If you use other DB like Oracle, MSSQL, and DB2, the content of APO DB and liveCache are

completely different.

So please do not mixed up on APO DB and liveCache. both DB are completely different DB and have different information in different structure. (In APO DB, since it is normal db , the structure is relational db style. in liveCache, some of them are relational db style <called SQL area> and others are object oriented style. Some the structure and existing tables are differnt).

For more easy understanding, please image, APO has completely different 2 DB. one is APO DB and another is liveCache. And APO application select and update information for both table but APO does not update completely same information to both DB. Since APO DB is used more for master data and liveCahce is used ore for transaction data. So the information that are stored in both DB are different. that's why APO application update different information <off course some part of the information are similar but not same> into both DB.

And to access the content of liveCache, we use special technique (stored procedure that is described in C++ and liveCache routin <com routin>). So if you want to see the content, you can see the content by /SAPAPO/OM17 or OM19).

So please do not think liveCache is coped dn of APO DB. (liveCache is DB has more huge data cache area. So even it is called memory based DB, it still has disk are called data devspace and logdevspace. And liveCache reflect its memory area inforamtion <data cache information> to both diskarea).

According to your query, you said you want to get distinct value of APO DB. The way to check distinct value is different from DB.

In case of Oracle and MSSQL, you can see distinct value from t-cd DB02.

If you inform me your DB and release (especially whether your ST04 screen is DBA cockpit style or not), I can navigate how to check distinct value of table column.

By the way, which table's distinct value do you want to see ?

best regards

keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sekhar,

Can you please let me know your query clearly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for quick response.

Actually i am very new to livecache administration. I know the fundamentals of livecache administration.

So as part of my learning....i want to learn how do i get APO DB data (selectively as per business requirement) into livecache. For suppose when you say....initialize livecache you won't find any data in livecache (i.e memory) so now i want to get some data from APO DB to livecache DB.

Thanks

Sekhar

hkmaradana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said about live cache is memory, you are right. I understand that your query is how to send the data from APO DB to Live cache. Technically APO DB and live cache are tightly integrated with each other.

If you want to fetch or update any thing in live cache from apo db, you need to use some live cache function modules which are available in apo. for example if you want to change any orders data or fetch the orders data use function modules in apo starts with /sapapo/om*

And also you can use BAPIs.

Best regards,

Cris