How to Create the Container

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know the 3 type of Container.

1. Abstract Interface

2. Simple XSD Data Type and

3. Receiver.

Here My dought is Which secnarios we have to create this 3 containers...

Please give me Clear idea .. It's usefull to me whenever i am doing BPM...

Regards

SReddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Do refer this link. It talks about in detail of the containers and its uses.

I know the 3 type of Container.

1. Abstract Interface

2. Simple XSD Data Type and

3. <b>Receiver. - /people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure (The weblog has a BPM scenario involving the use receiver determination)</b>

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shabarish

Thanks for your response.

But my question is that when do we go for the creation of each of the containers.

For example in which scenerio we go for Abstract Interface, Simple Data type and Reciever.

Because I a bit confused with the way we have to go while working with the containers in BPM.

Can you please suggest me some more in this area of containers.

Thanks and regards

sreddy

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Abstract Interface - for receiving and sending messages to and from BPM you need to have a ABS int. defined.

2. Simple XSD Data Type and - Say you need to have a increment or a counter to count the number of messages received ets , you can define it as a simple data type and use the same.

3. Receiver. - this is used in case of receiver determination. You can create a receiver list and which in turn is used in your send step.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

1.Abstract Interface

Whenever you need to pass some iformation to and from your BPM< you have to go for a ABSTRACT INTERFACE. There is no outbound or inbound for your ABSTRACT INTERFACE.

So, consider a case when you want to pick up a file, do a transformation and then send another file as the output.

In this case, you will have one Outbound Interface that is Simple to enable the file to be picked up. One inbound interface on the reciver side so that the output file can be passed to the receiver system and finally, you will have 2 abstract interfaces. one for the sender side to receiver the file and another for the receiver side to pass the file to the receiver system.

To sum it all up, ABSTRACT INTERFACE are the means by which you can interact with your BPM.

For info on this , check this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/c5633c3a892251e10000000a114084/content.htm

2. Simple XSD datatype

This is used as a variable within your BPM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabrish,

Thanks u Very much...

Regards

SReddy