Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing Receiver Interface (IDoc or RFC) without using BPM

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario wherein the receiver interface (either IDoc or RFC) must be dynamically determined at runtime based on the source message. I've tried using Multi-Mapping but this did not work since IDoc and RFC interfaces are not on the same Adapter Engine.

How do I configure this scenario without using BPM?

Thanks,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiz,

You can use Enhanced Receiver Determination for this one. Use the mapping that has the conditions for the Receiver Determination to check which Receiver it would be. Since you are using either IDOC or RFC, use Enhanced Interface Determination for the Message Mapping.

Best Regards,

Rommel

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>You can use Enhanced Receiver Determination for this one. Use the mapping that has the conditions for the Receiver Determination to check which >Receiver it would be. Since you are using either IDOC or RFC, use Enhanced Interface Determination for the Message Mapping.

but the receiver is the same... it's only communication

channels that is different so he should use

"pseudo receiver determination" in the interface determination

and not standard receiver determination

please read what the guy wants...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot. It really works.

There was just some mistake in the XPath conditions. My XPath conditions were not fully qualified by namespaces.

Francis

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have to determine the receivers based on some fields of source structure then only use Conditions in Receiver determination step.

If for same set of source and target interface, you want different type of mapping, then used enhanced interface determination. (with multimapping)

If you want to dynamically determine the receivers, then use enhanced receiver determination.

Regards,

Prateek

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>We have a scenario wherein the receiver interface (either IDoc or RFC) must be dynamically determined at runtime based on the source message

did you try using interface mapping conditions?

this is a place where you can do it

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

If you mean the conditions field in Interface Determination, yes I've used that.

That was my first solution but it did not work since it seems that conditions only work for determining the Operation Mapping to use for the same Receiver interfaces.

I was misled into thinking that we could use it to dynamically determine the receiver interface. When I first used the conditions in Interface Determination with different interfaces, e.g,

condition1 OM_IDoc IDocReceiver_interface

condition2 OM_RFC RFCReceiver_interface

the Integration Directory did not flag an error or give a warning.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>That was my first solution but it did not work since it seems that conditions only work for determining the Operation Mapping to use for the same Receiver interfaces.

not true - not only Operation Mapping but also receiver agreement

so the receiver's channel

>I was misled into thinking that we could use it to dynamically determine the receiver interface.

but you can do it over there

intrface determination can be used for pseudo receiver determination too

so you can have one interface that either goes to one

channel or the other (within the same receiver)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use RFC. Multimapping is possible for RFC adpater withour using BPM. If you use Idoc,you have to use BPM.

Regards,

Prateek