cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encountered Incompatible combination of objects (QP0004) error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support Case for BOXI

Title: encountered Incompatible combination of objects (QP0004) error!

BOXI version: Business Objects boe XIR2 SP2

Description:

In the Customer Inventory report document, there are three report tabulation and three filter conditions to limit Display relevant customer and date result

It works incorrectly while the report has three filter conditions,but two filter conditions it works correctly. in the begin i doubt the generate sqls are incorrectly,i copy the sql sentence in the sqlplus envirement and execute , sql sentence syntax and result were correctly.but in BO Edit Query when the report has three filter conditions,i click SQL button and generate sqls there display error .

so i checked design object and found out why will appear this error, in the designer I put this object(name is 'Is Srvc Level Created in time frame') into Query panel, then click SQL button generate sql,

This mistake will show:'Incompatible combination of objects (QP0004)'

'Is Srvc Level Created in time frame' object sql code as follows:

-

select:

CASE WHEN @Select(Service Level\Service Level Creation Date) >= @Select(Time\TIME - Period Start Date) AND @Select(Service Level\Service Level Creation Date) <= @Select(Time\TIME - Period End Date) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

where:

-

filter conditions generate sqls like below sentence,please pay attention to bold sentence:

-

SELECT

/*+ LEADING(time_dim) */ 1,

CUSTOMER_DIM.NAME,

( SI_AND_SCI_DIM.LABEL )||' ('||( SI_AND_SCI_DIM.NAME )||')',

( SLA_DIM.LABEL )||' ('||( SLA_DIM.NAME )||')',

CAST(SI_AND_SCI_DIM.DELETION_DATE AS DATE),

CAST(SLA_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE),

CAST(SLA_DIM.DELETION_DATE AS DATE),

( CUSTOMER_DIM.LABEL )||' ('||( CUSTOMER_DIM.NAME )||')'||'['||( CUSTOMER_DIM.ID )||']',

CAST(SI_AND_SCI_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE),

SLA_DIM.NAME,

CAST(CUSTOMER_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE),

CASE WHEN ( CAST(SLA_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE) ) >= ( CAST(bo_tools.from_gmt_to_time_zone(TIME_FRAME_START.FULL_DATE) AS DATE) ) AND ( CAST(SLA_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE) ) <= ( CAST(bo_tools.from_gmt_to_time_zone(TIME_FRAME_END.FULL_DATE) AS DATE) ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END,

CASE WHEN ( CAST(SI_AND_SCI_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE) ) >= ( CAST(bo_tools.from_gmt_to_time_zone(TIME_FRAME_START.FULL_DATE) AS DATE) ) AND ( CAST(SI_AND_SCI_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE) ) <= ( CAST(bo_tools.from_gmt_to_time_zone(TIME_FRAME_END.FULL_DATE) AS DATE) ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END,

CASE WHEN ( CAST(SL_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE) ) >= ( CAST(bo_tools.from_gmt_to_time_zone(TIME_FRAME_START.FULL_DATE) AS DATE) ) AND ( CAST(SL_DIM.CREATION_DATE AS DATE) ) <= ( CAST(bo_tools.from_gmt_to_time_zone(TIME_FRAME_END.FULL_DATE) AS DATE) ) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END FROM

SI_AND_SCI_DIM,

CUSTOMER_DIM,

SLA_DIM,

TIME_DIM TIME_FRAME_START,

TIME_DIM TIME_FRAME_END,

GRANULARITY_DIM,

SI_VIEW_SCI_HEALTH,

VIEW_TIME_DIM

WHERE

( CUSTOMER_DIM.ID=SI_VIEW_SCI_HEALTH.DM$CUSTOMER_REF )

AND ( SI_VIEW_SCI_HEALTH.DM$TIME_REF=VIEW_TIME_DIM.ID )

AND ( SI_VIEW_SCI_HEALTH.DM$SI_OR_SCI_REF=SI_AND_SCI_DIM.ID )

AND ( SI_VIEW_SCI_HEALTH.DM$GRANULARITY=GRANULARITY_DIM.KEY_ID )

AND ( VIEW_TIME_DIM.ID>=TIME_FRAME_START.ID )

AND ( VIEW_TIME_DIM.ID<TIME_FRAME_END.ID )

AND ( SI_VIEW_SCI_HEALTH.DM$SLA_REF=SLA_DIM.ID )

AND ( SI_AND_SCI_DIM.IS_SERVICE = 'T' )

AND ( SLA_DIM.CUSTOMER_REF = ( CUSTOMER_DIM.ID ) )

AND

(

( ( CUSTOMER_DIM.LABEL ) in decode(@Prompt('Choose Customer','A','Customer\Customer Label',MONO,FREE), '*', ( CUSTOMER_DIM.LABEL ), @Prompt('Choose Customer','A','Customer\Customer Label',MONO,FREE)) )

AND

( ( TIME_FRAME_START.ID ) = bo_tools.getFirstTimeRef(

'M',

NULL,

'YYYY/MM',

@Prompt('Enter month and year (date format: YYYY/MM)','A',,MONO,FREE))

AND

( TIME_FRAME_END.ID ) = bo_tools.getLastTimeRef(

'M',

@Prompt('Enter month and year (date format: YYYY/MM)','A',,MONO,FREE),

'YYYY/MM') )

AND

GRANULARITY_DIM.KEY_ID = 'M'

)

-

However at the same time, if there has third filter condition,BO Edit Query can not generate sqls and display error.

I confirm by checking the sqls sentence in the sqlplus, the results are correctly.but in BO Edit Query are not correctly.

Any one who encountered this before? I think it is a bug, I post this message asking for help and hope it can be fixed soon.

if you need more info I can send you screen shot, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I didn't read the whole thing above.. But I can advice you as I encountered the same error.

It happened to me because of a loop that was forming between the tables .

loop in the sense: A-B-C-D-A

When i checked Short Cut join in the join properties I was not getting this error message. but... it was joining through a different longer path. It was then I realized that it had a loop. You can have a careful look to see if you are having the same issue. hope it helps people in future.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

4 year old thread !  wow!