Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of ESS

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have two question.

1. i have to customize the ESS web dynpro application e.g. Address Screen for USA and SAUDI. we have to add the date field "Hijra Date" and "Hijra Age" from the Backend for saudi and have to add some fields on USA as well. How may i do it give step by procedure.

2.i know that first i have to import these application in NWDS threw NWDI. but if i will import it and change it here then how will it reflect back and if i change it then then original will get removed or not .

3. Can we create the 2 copies of a single component like "Address". What can be the right approach to maintain the screens for US and SAUDI, can we hide some fields from the particular screen of US or SAUDI at run time. And if we can, How ?

Thanks,

Punit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

suppose you want to add any additional fields or change the strucure , u have

to create a copy of the corresponding funtion module or funtion group,

make the changes in the back end.

it is better to create a DC for the application make changes and check in that into the DTR instead of making changes directly to the standard application.

u can use the copy of the function module u have created in the DC u are developing.

Regards,

Satya.

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Satya ,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

but it does not contain the exact steps.

I do not know the exact step for doing it is better to create a DC for the application make changes and check in that into the DTR instead of making changes directly to the standard application..

i have just imported the track but donot know what hould be the next steps .

can you give me step by step procedure .

Thanks & Regards .

Punit

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you configure your NWDI to ESS / MSS, in you NWDI tracks you will find the DC's for ESS/ MSS provided by SAP.

In the inactive dc's you must be able to see ESS & MSS since these are the only software components where we are allowed to make changes.

In order to start with development, you will have to expand the dc list and select the dc which you want to customise and then from the context menu select Create Project. This will add the project to you Local DC's and you will see a small green spec on the DC which mean it will be available in the WD explorer for customisation.

Now when you try to edit the code, it will ask you to create an activity, which will hold all the changes you make. When ur done with the changes, you will have to check in th activities from the Open Activities list. If you simply say check in and do not choose to activate it will be present in the inactive sources list. Once you activiate those changes will be sent to the active code and other developers when they sync from it they will get the updates.

useful discussions

/message/6136631#6136631 [original link is broken]

PradeeP

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also to add on...

The original DC for ESS / MSS any application will be over written. But if yow want, you can revert it back any time using the CBS..., as the NWDI does the versionin of the applications as well, so you need not to bother.

Thanks,

Anish

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

ihave one more question.

I have done the changes in ESS/MSS standerad web dynpro component.

Now i want to check those changes that i do it right way or not how may i do it.

mean how may i run it to get a look of changes.

Thanks .

Punit

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deploy your applicaiton and view the corresponding iView in Portal.

You will b able to view the changes.

Also U can check in the activity and release it, so that the same proj can be migrated to the Production thru CBS...

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

you can revert it back any time using the CBS..., as the NWDI does the versionin of the applications as well, so you need not to bother

Can you provide me the steps to this.

mean revert it back.

Thanks.

Punit

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you log on to NWDI... In CMS... You can see History Tab... Search for the component you want to revert with the date, select it and import it. You will get to selected version

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The url for NWDI is http://<servername>:<port>/devinf