cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting error "Specify PO Box for PO Box postal code"....please suggest.

0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

We are unable to post the invoice to accounting. Normally posting the invoices to accounting is done using VFX3.

Since, we are getting the error message in VFX3 (there is no log or no information about the error) - we are trying to post the document manually releasing to accounting with VF02 --> Billing Document --> Release to Accounting .

Still not able to post, the error we are getting is "Specify PO Box for PO Box postal code".

My observation for not posting the document are

--> In billing document header --> accounting data tab 'Posting Status' is 'Error in Financials Interface'.

--> The customer is one time customer and we have posted similar documents previously without any errors for the same customer.

--> We do not have any interfaces in between .

Please help me to solve the issue...ASAP.

thanks

suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are having different payer from SP then check postal code has been maintained in customer master record of payer under general data tab.

Regards

San

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

your customer is a one-time type. this means when you entered the sold-to party in the sales order, a pop-up window should have asked you to enter the actual name and address details.

if the details were not completely entered in the sales order, as in the case of the PO, try entering it in the billing document in change mode, by following the menu path GoTo > Header > Header Partners. Click on the customer number for the sold-to party, and the pop-up will allow you to enter the value. save and try posting the billing document.

please do post again for feedback, if this works or not.

regards.

0 Kudos

Hey Hi Jon,

Thankyou for the valuable information... you have hit it right ...thankyou for giving me very useful information.

But in the mean time the user cancelled the invoice for some other reasons...

lets c this time we l change the details as per ur suggestion and try to post...but infact you have given me the right approach of doint it...thanks alot..

rgds

suresh

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like in the customer master (most likely Payer or Sold-to, but check all related partners) you have maintained the PO Box number, but forgot to specify the PO Box postal code. Either specify the PO Box postal code or remove the PO Box information.

Also sometimes when you double-click on the error message, the long text appears with detailed explanation and instructions. You might want to try that next time.