cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting error "Specify PO Box for PO Box postal code"....please suggest.

0 Kudos

Dear SD Gurus,

We are unable to post the invoice to accounting. Normally posting the invoices to accounting is done using VFX3.

Since, we are getting the error message in VFX3 (there is no log or no information about the error) - we are trying to post the document manually releasing to accounting with VF02 --> Billing Document --> Release to Accounting .

Still not able to post, the error we are getting is "Specify PO Box for PO Box postal code".

My observation for not posting the document are

--> In billing document header --> accounting data tab 'Posting Status' is 'Error in Financials Interface'.

--> The customer is one time customer and we have posted similar documents previously without any errors for the same customer.

--> We do not have any interfaces in between .

Please help me to solve the issue...ASAP.

thanks

suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

This may due to not maintaining Post Box number and Pin code in the customer address tab when you created one time customer while creating sales order, so try is there any way to maintain these details in the customer address tab.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thankyou for ur response..

I understand.. but this is not the first time we are trying to post for one time customer, it was working earlier.... so that might not be the reason... even if we want to fillup the necessary master data and recreate the documents again... we donot have any customer details like PO Box number , code etc.,

But still can we use some dummy PO Box number and process it ...is it ok..? plz advice..

rgds

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general for one time customer we don't maintain Address and PO BOX details in customer master.

When you create sales order for that customer. system will ask you enter address data of customer.

Maintain data and save it.

For every one time customer sales order, system will ask you enter address data every time.

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello suresh

check in completion log assigned to u r billing document(f2)

remove the Filide PO no,PO box no

than run the transaction

i think it will work try that

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the customer address data is being maintained each time, the user may have accidentally entered the postal code in the PO Box section. Thus, the system is expecting a PO Box number.

bak