cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SAPNetweaver developer Studio, I am unable Build EJB Archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EJBModuleProject the Build EJB Archive option is diabled.Even all the ejb's have ejbCreate() method still the Build EJB Archive option is diabled.Also the ejb-jar.xml file is not showing its beans in explorer even it contains description for all the ejbs. Let me know is there any solution for this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the odds are, NWDS will only recognize EJB, which strictly adhere to (its) EJB rules, means created in the GUI, implementing directly the required interfaces, having methods, which throw RmiException, etc. If, by chance, your EJBs do not adhere to these rules, proceed as follow:

1. Create a dummy EJB, say DummyEjb by NWDS means and "secure" the xml description of it as template

2. Take the xml template from 1 and create ejb descriptors for your real EJBs and paste them to the ejb-jar.xml

This way you should get correct descriptors for your EJBs and be able to create the ejb module archive.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you cannot see the ejb in the ejb-jar, then it seems to be not generated by the system. How did you get the ejb's?

If you are trying to import an existing project, there is more to do to make the system aware of them.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I am importing the existing j2ee project. This project didn't contain ejb-jar.xml file. So I am manually creating ejb-jar.xml file. after that what I have to do.

Plz., give me the solution.

Regards,

Madhuri.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

read here:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/4c979007dba84fa42f2d38388b558b/frameset.htm">Importing J2EE Sources</a>

Regards,

Benny