cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am facing one problem ,while creating cusomer the number range of customer is increasing randomly for example i create customer 4000001 ,after that the next number will pick 4000004,4000007,4000009,4000010. any number. I am not able to understand why this happenning. Is anybody face such type of problem? Please guide me

Thanks and Regards

Bhushan Kolte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhushan,

This problem is due to number range Buffering in the Number Range Object.

SAP sets some numbers as Buffers so that when Customer Codes created from multiple places at a same time, the numbers ranges are assigned in a sequential manner.

To stop numbers from skipping, use T-Code - SNUM - enter Object as DEBITOR - Click on the change button.

Now the last field is - No. of numbers in buffer. In your case, there would be some number placed in this field. Just remove the number & insert 0 (zero).

This would ensure that number range is not skipped in future.

Hope this helps...

Give points if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

98700 10230

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Check the number range of the ship to party, payer, bill to party.

Which number range is assigned to them if they are same and you are maintaining any record then this will happen.

Might be some one else is also creating customer master data then also it will happen

Just check it out these thing then post it.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

Thank you very much ,number range assignment was different to sold party,ship to party,bill to party and payer. Now i assign the same number range to to sold party,ship to party,bill to party and payer and problem is solved .Now it is coreating customer with proper sequence number.

Thanks alot

Thanks and Regards

Bhushan Kolte