cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Forms Error while using Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a interactive adobe form in abap . The adobe form has a button , on click of this button a webservice has to triggered. I have written the script to call the webservice(data connection) in FORMCALC but the webservice does not get called when I open the adobe form in my desktop and click on the button in the pdf.

I get a error saying the "Error attempting to read from file" displays the webservice URL below.

could someone help me resolve this issue . Is there any settings that I am missing for the interactive form to work?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Sudheendra Puthuraya on Nov 19, 2008 5:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

Goto SICF Transaction, enter the Hierarchy Type as "SERVICE" and enter the Service Name as WebService name created and double click on the last element and goto the Logon Data Tab and give the logon details.

If the error still occurs then repeat the step for the "SOAP Runtime" and "SOAP Runtime for RFC" elements.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheendra,

Did your problem got resolved? I am having same issues can you please share how you resolved it?

Thanks,

Pankaj

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the webservice is a JavaWebservice or a ABAPWebservice. If that is a JavaWebservice we need to give Parameter (Authentication type:-SimpleSOAP) instead of Basic SOAP in the process of creating Java Webservice.

I see this error is due to Authentication type only.

If you have doubts you can ping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

this is a abap web service. I agree with you it is related to authentication.

When I created the web service from Function module I used security profile as PRF_DT_IF_SEC_NO which would mean there will be no security.

I also noticed that I work in my office network, the web service works fine but when I am working in my home network I get this error.

Do you think of any config i might have missed?

Thanks,

Pankaj