cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABAP Interactive form to xml to xstring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one WD ABAP interactive form with a submit button. After user enter the values in the form, once submits, it should trigger a workflow and I should send the whole PDF form as an attachment to a workitem.

For triggering work flow is not a problem. But this pdf should be generated again at workitem attachment.

For converting to PDF and attachming the pdf to workitem I already have a business object.But now the problem is I have to generate the XML file from the context values and send this as xstring to my program, so that by using this value, it will re genarate the pdf with this updated values.

So, i need a way to generate xml out of user filled interactive form

and pass it as xstring.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

These are the function modules which converts table to String and the String to Xstring.

SOTR_SERV_TABLE_TO_STRING "Table to String

SCMS_STRING_TO_XSTRING "String to Xstring

For triggering work flow is not a problem. But this pdf should be generated again at workitem attachment. 
For converting to PDF and attachming the pdf to workitem I already have a business object

Can you tell me how you are attaching document to Workflow and how you are triggering workflow on click of Submit button and what is the businees object to send the attachements to workitems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

For triggering the worflow put a triggering FM at submit button in the webdynpro,

and for attaching in the workflow use the BO type "message" .... use the following class

CLASS cl_binary_relation DEFINITION LOAD. you can use the GOS service in background.

But my problem is I have to pass xstring of my form so that by using it I can regenarate PDF.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

To convert your context values to XSTRING,you no need to convert the form to XML instead you can use what i gave the Function module in my previous reply.

Check this Forum thread for better information.

You didn't give me proper information.

CLASS cl_binary_relation DEFINITION LOAD what is this class and what it will do.How you are attaching PDF docs to Work items and how you are opening the PDF document from workitem.