cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search by product index - SRM-MDM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I know that in MDM, we can set up hierarchy or category (taxonomy) and can search for products under that means. We have used Requisite in the past and in Requisite, the system can group items by the category they are created under and we can search by the category or what we called product index.

Is there similar concept in MDM?

Appreciate any enlightenment on the above.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

The Feature in MDM closest to the requirement you have mentioned is the use of the MDM Taxonomy table.

Here you can group records based on the category they below and attach additional attributes to them which cannot be done when using only Hierarchy tables.

The other features as available within MDM which can address similar issues are the Family and Relationship tables in MDM.

Here also we group records having a relation between them say either sibling or parent child relation and then we can search based on those relations.

You can refer the below links which will explain you these concepts a little more in detail:

(Families and realtionship tables)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Simona,

I was hoping not to introduce taxonomy. I have tested with hierarchy and it works fine. It's just that the users are used to search by the product index in a way that they can click on a letter such as 'O' to look for a product index called 'Office Supplies' and look for items from there. Whereas now in MDM they will have to scroll through the hierarchy to look for the data which is kind of cumbersome. Guess I will need to play about with the search functions to see whether there are better way of searching.

Cheers!

SF

Answers (0)