Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a below scenario

Intranet application(Employee expense updating)--->SAP BC---->R/3 (using RFC)

The web interface Architecture will be XML and javascript using SAP Business Connector as a data source and interface to SAP.

and we are planning to use XI,

Intranet application-----SOAP-->SAP XI---->RFC (R/3)

after implementing the above scenario in XI, I know how to define the webservice in ID.

but how to send the request from the intranet application to XI using the WSDL created.

Thanks,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U need to first expose ur internet application as webservice.

then through ID u need to generate the WSDL file and test the strucutre of WSDL file using XML-SPY and send it to ur internet application.

Ur Internet application will use the WSDL URL in WSDL file for sending data to ur XI.

U need to configure the SOAP adapter with all the information.

Refer the below link for more details.

How to use SOAP adapter:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40611dd6-e66e-2910-f383-e80fb44f...

SOAP Test Tools like Altova XML Spy or SOAP Test Tool

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks chirag,

as we have the intranet application on the sender side, don't we expose XI outbound message interface as webservice. and provide the sender the wsdl to send request to XI.

Please correct me if I misunderstood the flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ur understanding is correct, i thought u also wanted to send a message to internet application.

follow the steps which is suggested in pdf and configure the soap adapter accordingly.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks chirag,

As the communication is synchronous, the RFC response message is sent back to the intranet application. so we need the SOAP receiver adapter as well right?

and for sending the request from Intranet application to XI, how we use the wsdl created ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u wanted to send response back to intenet application then u need to expose ur internet application as webservice and u need to configure SOAP receiver adapter as well.

Also u need to have the WSDL response file form ur internet application which u will use as external definition.

To conclude everything

1) SOAP to XI

Gernerate WSDL file in XI and send it to internet application.

internet application use that WSDL file to send message to XI.

2) XI to SOAP

Get the WSDL file from internet application and use is as external definition.

configure the soap receiver adapter.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

But for the scenario

SOAP (sync) <-> XI <-> RFC(sync)

Do we need to have SOAP receiver adapter?

And I am still not sure how to send the request from the intranet application to XI using WSDL

Please suggest.

Thanks,

MK

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Based on some XYZ data that is coming from the intranet application you might have created a data structure for the Aplication <-->XI communication.

2) then you might have created a message interface (Outbound, Sync) for the same.

3) Now when you are doing the configuration in ID for Application <--> XI part you need to use this OB-Sync MI interface and then based on this MI you need to create a WebService in ID itself.

4) Now if you are the one who needs to do configuration in the Application also then use this .wsdl file based on the OB-Sync MI.

If you are not the one then you just need to provide the team with the .wsdl file.

This is how your Application <-->XI part will be handled. There is nothing tricky in XI for this part

You need to have a SOAP Sender Adapter for Application <-->XI which will be based on the OB-Sync MI.

Since it is an Intranet Application you may need to do some java coding to configure/ connect with XI. It is necessary only if you are doing the corresponding development in the Intranet application. If not do not worry.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Nov 18, 2008 11:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek,

yes, I have to support complete scenario.

can you please suggest on how the WSDL created in XI can be used in the Intranet application(developed using XML and javascript).

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For connecting with XI please check with sdn's forum of Application Server, can also check in Portal forum as they have interaction with XI.

Regards,

Abhishek.