Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite Development Scenario

d_fautini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mobile entusiasts,

I'm on design phase of a bigger mobile application on a MI 7.1.

We have a mental mistake because, we have read in a official sap material that we can´t use Composite Development Scenario (various DC working together) for laptops and we only should use Composite Development Scenario (Only a webdynpro project).

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Regards,

Edited by: David A. Faustini on Nov 18, 2008 12:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The composite development model is only available for PDA development. The laptop is using a different model altogether. So i guess that is what the badly written documentation was trying to say...

Thank you,

Julien.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

d_fautini
Participant
0 Kudos

I make a test creating 2 DC named DCA and DCB. In the window of the DCB I've included a view of the DCA and works great on the laptop client. I don´t know if the issues is on the MI server.

d_fautini
Participant
0 Kudos

I´ve made a lot of test with the USE of various DC for the same application. My conclusion:

It's possible, but fails when the external mapping is setted. I made the same excercise with only one DC but various components and all works fine.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

even I do not get you question by 100% - under help.sap.com you can find a very good guide on how to build mobile apps in MI7.1 for laptops. This can be seen as a best practice. If you follow that route, you most likelyy get the best result but other ways are possible as well, cause MI is modular build. But as I said, this is the best practice, so I would follow that route if you are new to MI.

Regards,

Oliver