cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarCodeReader, Scanning devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

suppose we need a web dynpro application that needs to scan in a barcode at some point. In the documentation that i've read so far, they always explicitly mention that the BarCodeReader UIElement is only for use in mobile applications, and specific Intermec or Symbol. Is it also possible for example in some way to use barcode scanning hardware in combination with web dynpro application running in a browser on my notebook?

Kind regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joren

Barcode scanning devices come with specific device vendors. Intermec and symbol devices have special browsers like Intermec Ibrowse and Symbol pocket browser which detect the scan event when you click on the barcode scanners. Ordinary browsers like IE cannot detect those events triggered by scanning.

Which device are you using for barcode scanning?

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thx for your reply.

I'm not sure if we already have the devices for scanning (or if they already use them with their current applications). We're in the phase where we are exploring the possibilities we have with Java stack of netweaver.

Do you know there are vendors that make it possible to use their scanning devices with web dynpro in non-mobile applications? (notebook/desktop in stead of pocket pc)

Kind regards.

J.

Answers (0)