cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Material Delivery post Goods Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends -

My client has a requirement to track the materials post goods issue to the user departments for consumption.

Typical scenario - the materials reservations are raised from the user departments. The reservations are processed by the warehouse team. Then materials are issued to the user departments against the reservations.

The user departments and warehouses are far apart from one another. The materials are transported and sent to the user departments periodically once a week or twice a week.

We want to track the different stages of the delivery post goods issue.

The different stages are

1. Post Goods Issue against the Reservation

2. Staging the materials

3. Packing the materials

4. Loading on the Transport Vehicle

5. Delivery (in transit)

6. Delivery Confirmation (post material delivery to user department)

Can you pls provide me details how we can map this on WM?

Thanks and warm regards

Purnendu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pernendu

Without WM you obviously wont have the history part but you still have MB51 to see the receipt and the issue.

The next question is whether the user depts have SAP

If they have you could use the STO process for shipping to them and create a STO ME21N and then a delivery attached to this STO VL10B and then when it is ready to go and you post goods issue the stock will go to in Transit MB5T. However if you use this route then the stock has to be receipted at the other end (user dept)

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have WM at the user depts?

If yoiu do you can use standard SAP transcations to track the materials

MB51 to see the Goods receipt (mvt type 101)

LT24 to see the Out away Transfer Orders

LT24 to see the staging of materials (mvt type 319)

MB51 to see the Goods receipt from Production/packing (mvt type 101)

LT24 to see the picking for the delivery

MB51 to see the Post goods issue to customer(mvt type 601)

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We are at the Design phase and proposing SAP - MM - Inventory Management as a proposed solution.

The client uses part of the warehouse management functionality. We are exploring the feasibility of using SAP -WM Lean Warehouse management functionality.

Can you pls advise us whether Lean Warehouse Management will be able to provide the required functionality?

The requirement is to track the internal movement of materials from Warehouse to User department for consumption/use.

Typical Scenario -

1. Materials are issued against Reservations from Store -

Different stages such as Picking, Packing, Staging, delivery and delivery confirmation has to be tracked.

2. Direct Purchase of materials - Goods are received against acount assigned purchase Orders. The materials are received in store and kept in a staging area for delivery. The Materials are treated as consumed at goods receipt.

Now these materials will be transferred to the User departments. The different stages of delivery has to be tracked in system.

Ps provide input on the above. Let me know if you need any clarification.

I will really appreciate your prompt reply on the same.

Thanks and warm regards

Purnendu