cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity contracts/ Scheduling Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a special business scenario.

To do this I need to invoice the "quantity contract" or "scheduling agreement". I know itu2019s not possible in standard but is there anyway where I can invoice the quantity contract or scheduling agreement? With modifications and maintaining copying control I can do the invoice to the contracts but I know I canu2019t run MRP. Is there any possibility where I can run MRP for Quantity contracts? Both the steps (Invoice and MRP) should configure to run the functionality.

My next query is how I can save outline agreement with out mentioning the dates and quantity.

I know the questions I raised look strange but itu2019s very useful to my business process if I can configure above items.

Regards,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My req also similar to yours.

Customer place the req- with or without delivery dates.

In this case,initially i started luking for quantity contract. but both with r without delivery dates, I cant maintain in contracts.moreover this contracts,we cant run MRP & cant create billing too (as its not rel for billing )

then i look for the scheduling agreement,

In std SAP,you cant create agreement without qtty,because agreement will have pricing procedure applicable. without qtty pricing will be "zero"- then system wont allow to save the agreement.

for me, Scheduling agreement working fine,

I can use this with or without delivery dates & with or without qtty. this req will be transferred for MRP run.

Just analyze, why you need to create agreement without qtty- will solve ur issue.

in my case,

Customer can receive the goods irrespective of ordered qtty. means its considered as open order all the time until the validity period completes. But the pricing will be mentioned in agreement.But without qtty we cant have pricing.So i entered the max-X qtty in agreement started creating delivery with ref to this agreement. In delivery item cat -checked"over delivery allowed"- So irrespective of the order qtty i can delivery as per customer req & the same delivered qtty n price will be copied at the time of invoice creation.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs given.

Initially itu2019s matching but mine is a different scenario. Customer places an order for 50,000 units. Itu2019s a pre-paid process (advance payment). After we receive the order we manufacture the goods, run the MRP and ready to ship to the customer. However in this case customer is not willing to accept the total 50,000 units at a time. Customer wants to ship the material according to his requirement though he made 100% payment. We canu2019t hold the stock in our premises because manufacturer is no more an owner. Inventory should not be considered/available in the manufacturing plant.

We need to show as per the records material is no more in the plant but we have to hold the material and ship to customer as per the requirement.

Hope this would be sufficient to understand my requirement. I expect more inputs on this.

Regards,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the buisness perspective 'Contract' stands for a just a basis of terms to begin the sales processing and not a firm order to begin manufactuing/procurement right away. If you need to run MRP it is better to have scheduling agreement only instead of using any contract.

Sheduling agreeement is relevant for MRP and you can finetune that at schedule line level.

Secondly, not very clear on why billing should refer directly to the Shed agreement/contract. There may be multiple instances of material movement against a Shed agreement/contract. Hence it is linked to individual material movement (delivery) . You may still explore the cutosm data transfer routines in copy control to arrive at one time invoining of the entire scheduling agreeemnt.

Thanks,

Hemant