cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i use Business system or Business service for a 3rd party file sys?

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

My requirement is to send a file from 3rd party client system to SAP ECC system.

I want to confugure a file sender CC to pickup the file and send it to ECC system thru proxy.

Now, after going thru the SAP definitions of 3rd party Business system (if the system is present the landscape and technical details are available) and Business service (if system's technical details is not available because it is not present in the landscape. Only the interface details are available, for ex: external webservice), i am not sure which one to use.

What is the use of using a 3rd Business system instead of using business service in my current situation?

In both the cases, i can use a file sender CC and pickup the file from a folder using FTP protocol.

What is the criteria based on which i need to take this decision?

And finally, how are the system name & host name details, which we given during 3rd party technical system definition in SLD useful?

Many Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Its always preferred to use Business service for communication with systems outside the landscape. As it does not refer to any SLD components and safe to use on internet etc.

What is the use of using a 3rd Business system instead of using business service in my current situation?

If you want to use 3rd party system you need to define party based communication and it acts as a party in production environment. You can also create a Standalone sytem in SLD for your use. Standalone technical system mostly refers to standalone Java applications in landscape.

n both the cases, i can use a file sender CC and pickup the file from a folder using FTP protocol.

What is the criteria based on which i need to take this decision?

If your communication is party based and the 3rd party you refer is a party for ERP then it make sense to use a third party communication and use party name as well.By this i mean business wise. Else its always good to use Business service.

And finally, how are the system name & host name details, which we given during 3rd party technical system definition in SLD useful?

To use this third party system you need to register products on TS else you will not be able to see any Interface etc while configuring in ID. you need to add all details to it in SLD.

Thanks

Gaurav

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am not using Party in my scenario.

I have a file sending scenario, where i pickup the file from a folder on the server thru FTP.

Either by using business service or by using business system, i can associate a sender file CC with it, and pickup file from the server folder thru FTP.

So, can you please tell me which one should i use here?

While defining 3rd party systems, host name and system name are asked. What is the use of it? Because, if it is a 3rd party system and i am picking a file from directory, how will the host and system names help?

Many Thanks

Chandra

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

Any information on this is appreciated..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, can you please tell me which one should i use here?

You may use any of the two. Business System or Business Service.

While defining 3rd party systems, host name and system name are asked. What is the use of it?Because, if it is a 3rd party system and i am picking a file from directory, how will the host and system names help?

For third party Business System, technically it is of no use. It just add some additional information about the system in SLD. You may provide any arbitary details too.

Regards,

Prateek