cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms:How to prevent page-break between table footer and main content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a task to build SmartForm in which there is a header(top of the 1st page only), a table (from internal table) and signatures at the bottom.

The table output may spread to multiple pages.

[HEADER]-1st page

[TABLE]-may spread to multiple pages

[SIGNATURES]-after table

And there is a requirement: no to render the signatures on a page without at least 1 row of the table.

i.e. what is needed:

[pageN], N>=1

[at-least-1-table-row]

[signatures]

[end-of-pageN]

I know a way of using COMMAND(to manually insert page break) in this case but it looks like that way implies extra-coding and redundant calculations (which then crash if the layout is changed).

Is there a flexible, automatic way to achieve the result?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

It is possible to calculate automatically. in the table go to calculation field and mention over there what calculation u want. it will calculate and display in the end of the line.

If possible u just click below link.

www.saptechnical.com.

And goto-> tutorial->samrtforms

U can verify different smart forms , this may helpful for u.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshman.Annamaneni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In smartform layout:

Inmain window>3 options is there>1.header 2. main area 3. footer

In Main area i hope already you created some line types or Template.....if you double click line type or Template> right side some options is there-? Output options and conditions.

Output options: One check box is there: Page protection (use of this check box is all related line type record or item record display in same page only...space is not sufficient it will display in next page only..)

Conditions: using condition you select anyone chek box... for only first page or after main window....

Your problem is not clear.... If u are not clear... could you please explain your requirement clearly.

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Siva you are right.

There is an element FOLDER which has enabled Page protection property. So all I had to do was to place all non-breakable content into that.

Thanks!