cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error not logged in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have scenario File --> PI with content conversion. In the data type it is specified that certain fields are mandatory. So when tested:

1) If the file has values for all mandatory fields, no problem, I see all logs in MONI, RMB.

2) If the file doesn't have value for any mandatory field, nothing can be monitored. No log in MONI, RWB, message monitoring or CC monitoring. However the source file got deleted (I specify to delete the file once processed)

My questions, why the error in the case 2) not logged? or there is some other place to see the log information. Obviously PI processed the file and knew the file lacked of mandatory field, so it should be able to log the error, but just can't see any in RWB.

So to generalize it, if source message's format is NOT in accordance with the data type definition, where to monitor such messaging? (for other adapters like HTTP, JMS, etc.)

It is also unacceptable that PI deletes the source file making it look like successfully processed.

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eric

You wont see logs for the missing mandatory fields in XI.

If you use FCC with Fixed field lengths then you get error in RWB for missing field.

It is also unacceptable that PI deletes the source file making it look like successfully processed.

This is because you have selected Delete mode.

Go to Processing mode and change

Handling of empty files -> Skip Empty Files

Then PI will not delete the file from directory even using Delete mode.

Most of the adapter type you get Mapping Exception in SXMB_MONI

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

strange I can't reproduce the error any more. I will try it again tomorrow.

Thanks

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

I am using fixed length, but the value of the field is spaces which means empty, which also means no value provide for the mandatory field. No message passed in PI, no log.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eric,

Try changing the Empty file handling parameter in your CC to Process empty files, you shd see an error in MONI.

Regards,

Sukarna.ch