cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI transport between DEV, QA and PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to get confirmation from your guys about the PI transport. What I understand is that basis people need to define dev, qa and prod system landscapes, they need to map each system from DEV to corresponding ones in QA and PROD. So when the transport is carried out, all PI objects will be automatically renamed or adjusted based on the system mapping defined by basis. More detailly:

for example, I have an interface determination as | DEV_Sys_A | MyInterface || DEV_Sys_B defined in my development PI box. When it is transported to QA lanscape, the interface determination will be automatically adjust to something like | QA_Sys_A | MyInterface || QA_Sys_B while system mapping like DEV_Sys_A --> QA_Sys_A and DEV_Sys_B --> QA_Sys_B are defined by basis to map dev systems to QA systems.

Conclusion --> All PI objects are automatically adjusted. The only objects that need to be manually adjusted are the communication channels, because in the CC, the user name/password that are specified for communication is different in DEV, QA and DEV environment. Anything else should be automatically taken care of and no manual intervention is needed.

Is my understanding correct? If not, can you please point out?

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

>Is my understanding correct? If not, can you please point out?

correct

all you need to change is communication channels

Regards,

Michal KRawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

All looks correct. Yes only thing you need to change is CC details parameter. Manual intervention is not required once SLD is set.

Ya but manually export need to be done for transports

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

we will use CMS or CTS+, so no manual transport.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Eric

Ya thats true................ i forgot .....about CMS & CTS+

Then just develop and ................rush for a movie............lolzz

Thanks

Gaurav