cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAPI Task Execution Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to figure how the IAPI Task Execution works when you schedule a job of this task type.

While creating a schedule task of this task type you need to specify the IapiTaskIfc Class which looks like a custom class. How exactly do we go about creating this class and in a current application where can I find the source code for this class?

Thank You,

Patricia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia -

IAPI Scheduled Tasks are customized Java classes (deployed via a custom JAR file with E-Sourcing) that can execute on a schedule or one-time. In some cases, SAP customizations such as the contract attachment loader are developed using this technique. In fact, use of the IAPI scheduled tasks can often times be a convenient way to integrate custom code for either one-time or ongoing integration or data upload tasks.

Developing IAPI scheduled tasks is not something that can be done easily since E-Sourcing does not come with a built in development environment as other SAP applications do. In fact, I don't believe there is any way to develop and IAPI scheduled task if you are using a hosted version of E-Sourcing since there is no way for you to create the Java classes and compile them against the E-Sourcing classes, which is required since an IAPI scheduled task must implement a Java interface (IapiTaskIfc) that is shipped with E-Sourcing.

If you are using E-Sourcing on-premise it may be possible to develop, compile, and deploy a custom JAR file that implements the interface and can be configured in the IAPI scheduled task area. That being said, I don't believe that any instructions for doing so are provided with E-Sourcing.

If you have a specific problem you are trying to address, there might be alternatives using E-Sourcing Script Definitions which are much easier to build and integrate. If you believe you require use of the IAPI scheduled task capability, I would advise working with SAP to have the scheduled task built for you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

is there any other way to periodically execute beanshell code?

Thanks,

Bram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I am trying to write a custom code for sending reminder emails. I compiled code in NWDS by integrating library jar files available on server and writing custom code in java. Now when I try to deploy the jar on server, I am getting NumberFormatException on input string" "$Session_Timeout$"

I havnt used this variable in code.

Also, if I try to test code writing a main class in NWDS, I am getting Nullpointer Exception on Session object. I have set J2EE engine and its showing the servers in green.

Please guide if I am missing anything for developing custom code and deployment.

Thanks,

Saloni