cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual composer and dropdown list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to use a dropdown list as an entry for a webservice without using a submit button. Let me explian. Right now i have a form with a dropdown list, in order to pass the value chosen by a user to my webservice (and then to the grid), i have to press on the submit button. I was wondering if it was possible to have some type of event that would directly the info to the webservice, as soon as the user select's an item from the dropdown list? If yes, how?

i would also like to know if it is possible to hide some fields when the app starts, but when the user chooses one item in the dropdown list, the hidden fields appear?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me, and tell me in details how to do both these things.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following steps,

1. Open the properties of 'Drop down list' element.

2. Select 'Action' tab.

3. Set the 'System action' property as 'Select'.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Basheer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khadija,

yes your second requirement is achievable.

1. Create an attribute of type boolean with initial value as false in your datastore.

2. On your drop-down selection action, set the value of the data store attribute to true.

3. bind this data store attribute to the visible property of the element you want to hide/display.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very mush for you answer it really helped, do you know how i should go about solving my second problem?

Once again thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a datastore and add an element to save the value of the dropdown list.

Drag from the output of the form with the dropdown over to the datastore.

Map the value from the dropdown to your datastore value.

Rename the mapping submit to match the name of the action from the dropdown list.

For the input fields you want to hide, configure each on the General Tab, check the hidden checkbox and enter a formula to check if the datastore value matches your criteria to show or hide.

Regards,

Mark