cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Call Same Adaptive RFC across different Backend R/3 Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have been troubled for the last 3 or 4 days on how I should develop Web DynPro code to call the same RFC on different backend R/3 systems. Don't really want to maintain my own Jco connects within a SAP Connector project and I don't really want to import 3 or 4 of the same models. Can someone please inform what is the best approach?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

There is one other way of doing this which needs a bit of data maintenance.

The webdynpro app will connect to one R/3 backend. In the same R/3 create RFC destinations to all others backends where the RFC's needs to be called. Create a table where u maintain for what value which backend system should be called. Add rfc_dest as an import paramter in all the RFCs in the backend system where the webdynpro app is connected and call those systems using RFC destinations.

For e.g. you have one HR system and multiple FI systems based on Company codes.

Connect your webdynpro app to the HR system. Create a table in the HR system which will contain data like given below

CoCode RFC Destination

1000 RFCDEST1

2000 RFCDEST1

In the RFC's in HR system add both CoCode and RFC Destination as additional input parameters. From the front end u can pass different values and call the same RFC's from different systems.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Glenn,

I dont think there is another way to it. Same BAPI might have different versions (stucture) on different backend systems. For each backend model you need two JCOs. If you want to connect to 3-4 systems an get data, you'll need to have 3-4 models and execute RFC those many times.

Regards,

Anagha