cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Correlations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have to stablish an scenario that is supposed to create different processes when two (or only one) specific variables in the input files have not the same value. That´s why I´ve configured a BPM (BPMPatternCollectTime) scenario with 2 correlations, one for each variable.

The problem is BPM only creates a new process when the two correlations "happens".

I think the explanation is correlations work with a kind of AND function, and I need it´d be an OR function.

How can I do it? Any idea?

Regards,

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

I stablished a BPM scenario because I have to collect the IDOCs received (in an hour) into a xml file. That´s why I used a BPMPatternCollectTime (timeout=1 hour, and an infinite loop).

The IDOC has, between others, the variables has been modified...

Regards,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

You don't have to use two different correlations.

You must use one correlation and withint this correlation define your two fields <version> and <messagetype> as the fields that defines the correlation.

Carlos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Carlos,

I solved the problem. It was not neccesary to define the message interface.

Thanks a lot.

Javier,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your answer.

How can I do it? I tried to do what you say...I created a new variable in the Correlation Container (for the same correlation). Then, in Involved Messages, I tried to select the message interface, but it says that the same message interfacte cannot be included twice in the correlation.

Should I just only add a new field in the "Properties" column? I don´t know how to do it.

Thanks!

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the condition is only checking the variable value, you do not need to have BPM as explained by Michal. You can simply do it in Receiver Determination step while configuring the scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

why exactly do you need a correlation (and BPM) for checking the file content ?

you can do the check in a receiver determination with xpath for example

and check both values (if they come in a file) and then send to an appropriate

receiver

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk