cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading messages from archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are archiving messages for some interfaces in our production system currently . i'm trying to retrieve archived messages using message ID (SXMB_MONI--->Archived XML Messages (Search Using ID) ). I could not retrieve most of the archived messages from archive.

Whereas i could retrieve the same message by searching the archived files (SXMB_MONI-->Archived XML Messages (Search Using Archive) ).it takes more time to manually search the message in archive file .

can you please let me know why i could not retrieve all the archived messages using ID(SXMB_MONI--->Archived XML Messages (Search Using ID) ).

Thanks.

-Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kaushik

The error can be due to multiple version of the ID existing there.

Did you tried with DIsplay Archived versions Whats the result of it?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I could find the the message from archive by selecting SXMB_MONI-->monitor archived messages(using archive).

-Kaushik

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Check in sm36 if any deletion job for messages like RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES job is scheduled. If yes then you wont find the messages.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

refreshing the thread

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

please access archived messages from the Runtime Workbench. There you have the possibility to choose 'Archive' as data source for Message Monitoring which will provide access to messages in archive data files using the ID.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have scheduled any deletion jobs like RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES job? if this is the case your archived messages are deleted.

Thanks!