cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have got a problem related to parameters to be passed from the web service (I'm using developer studio 7.0.1 and java 1.4.2)

I have created a web service with a incoming parameter that is a class type parameter, nor a primitive type or list of primitive type. This class have some filed, some of which have type of boolean and float.

When I call the web service (i.e. with Web ServiceNavigator) the boolean and float fields are initialized to "false" and 0.0 respectively.

If user don't fill these fields or leave it blank, they are then passed to serialization/deserializtion process with default values; so the program can't recognized if 0.0 value is filled by the user or not.

With String type I haven't prooblem because I can use empty String (default value) to see if user have filled a field.

Can I set initial/default value for incoming/outcoming parameters that are not primitive type?

The class constructor modified the field, so I can set them to a predefined value using to establish if user have filled a field, but in anyway the follow serialization/deserialization process overwrite this update..

what can I do?

Otherwise, can I prevent initial/default value process?

thanks in advance and apologize for my english!

Cristian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristian,

Please post the question in relevant forum

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (0)