cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input for nested data structure service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I plan to use a service which require some header-information and additional 1...n item-information.

The data structure of this service is nested, means there is only one input-port for the header AND the nested items.

Is it somehow possible to create a UI consists of two inputs like one input form for the header and one input table for the items on the inputport??

The main problem is that either the header or the item information is transported to the input port of the service, never both as required by the service. Tried to solve it using a data bridge (or as it called in Ehp1 for 7.1 "data share") without any success.

Solved it by myself Just forgot to check "Control Buttons" in the Configure tab of the table.

Edited by: Stefan Witschel on Nov 18, 2008 1:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you still use the Data bridge conector. If so can you write how you did it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I still used it.

In Ehp1 is a feature that automatically add a data share if you drag and drop the input port of your servce with nested structure anywhere on the screen. On this data share you can add another input form or table for the nested elements. Both forms/tables than are connected at the input with the share.

Finally you do the data mapping for the nested structure and define an action to call this connection.

Actually my problem was that I couldn't input data in rows of a table for the nested structure. I solved it by enabling the table controls which allows you to add an delete rows.