cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel / reverse billing document cancellation document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to configure where we can cancel the billing document cancellation document?

Right now, if we cancel a billing doc using vf11 we get a new cancellation document generated. If we try to cancel that, the system says cancellation of this type not allowed.

Will it work if we configure to allow a cancellation document type on a cancellation billing document?

My problem is a cancellation document was created that is incorrect and can't be fixed - work order used is closed and they cannot open it back up. So this document is stuck unless I can somehow reverse or cancel it.

Thanks gurus - will promptly award pts for resolution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi JJ,

Assuming that u want to Cancel the 'S1 Cancellation invoice' since it is not correct, u can always cancel the 'S1 Cancellation invoice', using the S2 Cancellation invoice.

As S1 is the 'Cancellation invoice' for F2 Invoice, S2 is the 'Cancellation invoice' for S1 Invoice.

To do this, you have to assign the S2 in the "Cancellation Billing type" field in the S1 billing document type & also u have to maintain Copy controls between S1 & S2 in Transaction 'VTFF'.

If u still facing the same problem, do let us know.

Thanks,

MP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried what you described but still get the error message "cancellation document cannot be cancelled" even after assigning s3 cancellation type to the S1 billing document and maintaining the copy controls.

So I'm thinking that it is not possible to cancel a cancelllation document at all. So is there any way to get rid of a stuck cancellation billing document that we can't correct?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is, you can post this in FI forum also. You may get some valuable inputs from FI side.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Updated with resolution - our FI team determined that they would be able to open the closed order back for us to allow the cancellation to come through, then they will close the order back. Thanks to all who gave advice!

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please serach the forum, this has been already answered.

You can check the thread;

[cancel invoice cancellation|]

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice - I did not hit on that thread when I searched.

So if it is not possible to reverse a cancellation doc, any ideas on how we can get the erroneous cancellation document fixed? It sits with an accounting error right now and has not processed through due to a closed work order that finance says they cannot open back up. Since I cannot edit what is on that cancellation document, I am stuck.

So if anyone has any ideas how to resolve this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks so much - I am at a loss of what to do at this point.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am unable to understand your comments

"My problem is a cancellation document was created that is incorrect and can't be fixed".

As you would agree, the cancelled billing document is the replica of original billing document, and if at all the cancelled document had any issue, the same could have been the case of original billing document too. Please clarify whether the original billing document does not have any issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for checking - the original bill did not have the same issue. It was done some time ago using the same work order number as a reference that it posted to successfully.

Since that time, that work order has been closed completely and allows no further postings to it.

For some reason, a cancellation vf11 was attempted on that original bill & it tried to post back to that original order # in the cancel. Since it had been closed, we run into this as there's no way to update that order # since it just uses the original one. So now we have a cancellation document failed in accounting due to this message and can't fix it.

A credit memo should have been done due to the order status but they did vf11 anyhow and we're left with this problem.

Thanks much gurus

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

Go to F2 billing document type details and check which billing document is assigned for cancellation S1 or any other billing document type.

Regards

Srinath