cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview for TCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have interview in SAP XI... Please send me some important Questions. It is very useful to me... this is my first interview...please help me any body...if u has FAQS in XI please mail me: siva_abaper@yahoo.com

Regards,

SReddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i want to Enter in to know basics and more information regarding xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interview questions in SAP XI are nothing but you should be able to explain what you have in your resume.. be ready to explain the scenarios.. get a grip on all the different adapters configuring requirements, different mappings. give a look at the how to guides.. there u will get to learn most.. also read the blog series by sravya talanki.. it helps a lot..

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps to be done would vary depending in what kind of scenario you will be implementing. To give an overview these would be the steps involved.

First of all you would need to define your product, software component, business system and configure the technical landscape in the sld.

You then go on to create the objects in the repository, you import your software component here and the begin your design steps. Tou import your RFCs n Idocs if you require any before proceeding.

Then under the name space which you want, you go on to define your data types, message types and message interfaces.

Then you do your message mappings where you specify your source anr target message types and the relation between them, then you do your interface mapping. If you are using a bpm, you deo the integration process.

Once you have this done, you will have to move to the directory, here is wher you define how you use the objects and how you configure them to work as a scenario.

You assign your business syatem to the configuration scenario which you have created, and create the communication channels. Then you go on to configure the receiver determination, interface determination, and the sender and receiver agreements. Once your done you will have make sure you activate your objects. The exact parameters steps depend on what knid of scenario you are implementing.

You can use the rwb and th sxmb moni to monitor the entire scenario which you have done.

If you are looking for exact steps there are very good blogs on sdn, which guide you step by step, so search sdn and you would get all the information you require.

Cheers,

Chandra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

To give you more precise questions on each of those topics i suggested earlier,

-->Steps required to configure a scenario

1. Interface Determination-- RB_SPLIT and RB_CLASSIC, condtional Interface Determination

2. Receiver Determination -- Conditional Receiver Determination.

3. Sender / Receiver Agreement-- Why doesnt IDOC and HTTP have a sender agreement, etc.

Flow of how XI determines the configuration scenario

>>Types of mapping

1. Types of Java Mapping -- DOM and SAX Parser. Advantages and Disadvantages.

2. XSLT mapping

3. Graphical Mapping--

Questions on context change, standard functions in XI etc.

-->Qestions on adapters

1. Which adpaters run on j2ee engine and which run on ABAP stack.

2. Use of each adapter

-->Qestions on Content conversion

1. how and why is content conversion performed.

-->Questions on BPM and the step types in BPM.

1. Correlation

2. synch/asynch bridge

3. Collect pattern.

4. For each and par for each in a block

5. send synchronously and asynchronously.

6. Step types in BPM.

-->Questions on ALERTS.

1. How do u define Alert Category, rules, etc.

2. How do you test an Alert.

3. Alerts in a BPM

-->Architecture of XI

1. How and what are the stacks available in XI

2. Need for datatype, message type, message interface, message mapping, interface mapping, etc.

3. Synch/ Asynch/ outbound/inbound/ abstract interfaces, etc.

There are numerous questions that can be asked on XI, but if you go through the relevant material available on the link below , you will be able to understand and answer most of the basic questions related to XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Here is wishing you all the best,

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank u very much ... this information very useful to mee...

Regards

SReddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

Happy to know that it helped

Do let me know if u need any further help of info.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I need more Help...

I what more questions....It's more help full to me...

Regards

sreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u explain

Steps required to configure a scnario..

regards

Sreddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

The steps required to configure a scenario in XI is as follows,

1. Create your communication channel.

the communication channel is the means using which XI gets and passes information. XI can understand only XML and so, the communication channels ( or adapters ) do the task of passing XML messages to and from XI. If the message is not in XML format, content conversion is performed at the Adapter.

2. Create your sender and receiver agreement.

Whenever XI is the recipient of some information, you create a sender agreement for the corresponding adapter, sender system and sender interface. Whenever XI is going to send some information to an external system as the external system is the recipeint of the information, create a receiver agreement for the same.

for IDOC and HTTP adapters , no sender agreement is required.

3. Receiver Determination

In this stage, you tell XI, the recipient Interface of the scenario. you can also provide conditions on which the reciver is determined.

4. Interface Determination.

The stage where the Inbound Interface and the Interface mapping program are defined. Conditional Interface determination is also possible.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

a few more questions,

1. How do you monitor your messages in XI.

2. What is the difference between the monitoring done on the RunTimeWorkBench and the one done using SXMB_MONI.

3. What is End to End Monitoring, Performance Monitoring, Cache Montioring etc.

4. What is a Business System, Technical System, Logical System, and other questions related to the System Landscape Directory (SLD ).

Regards,

bhavesh

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk. the following link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Also, check the following thread

/message/1209232#1209232 [original link is broken]

Rgds,

Jothivel

Message was edited by: Jothivel Sundaram

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

The type of questions which can be asked are :

-->Steps required to configure a scenario

-->Types of mapping

-->which all configurations you need to do in R/3

for an Idoc to file scenario

-->Questions regarding the interfaces you have worked

on

-->Qestions on adapters eg. Idoc , RFC etc

-->How to configure JDBC Adapter(Sender & Receiver)

-->Qestions on Content conversion

-->Questions on BPM and the step types in BPM.

-->Questions on ALERTS. How to configure Alerts, alert rules, etc.

-->Architecture of XI.

For help on all these, just check the following link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for u r response...

Can u give me more.. topics wide... Its useful to me to get the offer...

Regards

SReddy