Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM Change Documents shows duplicate information on user validity renewal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When the validity extended or password is reset, the roles which are already present in the user profile appear as added again in SUIM. [It appears as "Profile added"]

Is this a bug? How can I get the correct this? Kindly help.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Sundar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because when a role is out of validity, the profiles are removed.

When you change it to be valid again, the profiles of that role are added again.

Roles are not authority normally, they are just a tool.

I assume that the password comment is only because you are resetting the user's pwd when you reactivate their access (the access of their roles being valid again).

You are doing it the correct way, and change docs are correct and there is no "bug".

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because when a role is out of validity, the profiles are removed.

When you change it to be valid again, the profiles of that role are added again.

Roles are not authority normally, they are just a tool.

I assume that the password comment is only because you are resetting the user's pwd when you reactivate their access (the access of their roles being valid again).

You are doing it the correct way, and change docs are correct and there is no "bug".

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you change the validity period of the role and add it to the user user masters are refreshed and compared and hence it displays as profile is added in the user changed documents in SUIM. Thats not a thing to worry about ! its common..!

Rakesh