cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-PROCUREMENT ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GURUS,

Our client procures material from different Vendors,for a single vendor they have different specifications for a M.I.C. for example for Purchase order 10000101 the norms for Carbon is 80% max,for the 2nd P.O its 78 % max,for same vendor and Standard norm is 82% max.

how we can map this scenario in SAP

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

Then the possible standard solution will be creating new MICs while doing the result recording. As you might know that we can add extra mics when doing result recording and wherein you can also give the specifications.

What you can do is add the same MIC while doing the result recording and give the specification at that point of time.

Regs

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Our problem has been solved by following your steps by adding the same M.I.C with different specification.

Regards

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

Try following whether is it feasible in your case,

1. While creating MIC for Carbon in quantitative data use Tolerance change from u2013 to option

2. Specify your next revision of tolerance for the same characteristic with tolerance valid to date

3. That is to say we can predefine lower and upper tolerance limits with effect from a certain date to a certain date

If your requirement is to change the parameters monthly I think so. But I doubt whether this has any link with PO since this is time dependent (period duration) activity.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If there is defined pattern of the specification changes as per the month or so then it is better to create that much inspection plans with the same usage . Then by using User exits QPAP0002 you can assign the required inspection plan group to the inspection lot.

Just a suggestion. If it works fine.

Regards

Gajesh Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for your reply.there no specific pattern in procurement which a particular value will maintained for an M.I.C.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create MIC with incomplete copy model without quantitative data at MIC level. Assign MIC in the inspection plan and maintain quantitative data. Even though you have different vendors with different specifications summarizingly arrive at Lower specific value and upper value for that MIC and maintain the same in quantitative data (Eg: 75 to 90). If needed, maintain the specification data of different vendors in the log text of the MIC. At the time of RR u can check the specification data in log text for reference.... Hope this solves your issue.

Check it and revert back for further clarification.

Regards

Venkat.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for reply i could maintain the long text for that particular M.I.C.

Scenario is that in the purchase order the quality specs changes from order to order for the same vendor,Example if in august specs for carbon was 79 ,the spec for the next P.O in Sept was 81,and in Oct its 78 in this case how to maintain specification for the particular M.I.C.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

This requirement seem very unfeasible! I mean, how it happens that with each new delivery from the seam vendor, the test sepcification gets changed!! Strange!! (to me at least)

But if there is such system designed as per the business process, that after each delivery from the same vendor, we should analyze the specification and revise them officially. Then you batter prepare your inspetion plan with extended valid to date up to the next month. So after each month, the inspection plan wiil become "of no use" and you need to extend it's valid to data, while you can change the limits also.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for your input,yes we are facing this strange situation,this is the client requirement.

Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on Nov 18, 2008 2:06 PM