cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTMLB Mobile Extensions for Pocket PC JSP development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you use HTMLB without using an iView (Portal Component)?

There is an SAP tutorial at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/87/7b583c2439e66fe10000000a114084/content.htm

which describes HTMLB Mobile Extensions for Java. There is some demo source code which uses a JSP to embed a table control - this table control has a different format depending on the browser (ie Pocket PC, WAP etc).

The jsp code has the following at the top..

<%@ page import="com.sapportals.htmlb.,com.sap.mobile.htmlb.rendering., com.sapportals.htmlb.table.TableView,com.sapportals.htmlb.event.*" %>

<%@ taglib uri="htmlb.tld" prefix="hbj" %>

But does not explain how the tag library is configured within a web.xml file. There are other examples where HTMLB is used within a Portal Component (iView)and in these cases the portalapp.xml file has the reference to

<property name="tagLib" value="/SERVICE/htmlb/taglib/htmlb.tld"/>

.. but what if you're not using an iview? What if you want to use 'straight' J2EE/JSP or something else?

There seems to be a contradiction here because if you write an application as an iView it can not even be viewed from within a Pocket PC browser! So how do you use HTMLB without using an iView?

I would just like to know how to use HTMLB controls in an application that can be used on a PDA?

Thanks

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

since you're talking about 'straight' J2EE/JSP application, I guess you should opt for the standard way of using tabligs in J2EE web apps. Have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dd/9a7005444a2d478edcc986ef10dd52/frameset.htm">these</a> pages for more info about how to configure tabligs on the Web AS.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivaylo, however I would like to know specifically how to reference the "HTMLB" tag library. The link you gave tells how to set up your own custom tag libraries, but what is the location etc of the SAP HTMLB tag libraries and how do I reference them in the web.xml?

Adam