Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup problem

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have upgraded my qauality system from sap 4.7 to ECC 6 successfuly. Every thing going on smoothly. I am getting a error whem i am trying to take the backup

BR0228E Not enough disk space in /oracle/QAS/sapreorg for compression, missing at least 694.275 MB

But in my /oracle more than 40 G.B space is free. Without compression flag (compression flag is set to no)it run successfully .Can any body tell me what happen.

My System enviornment

O.S - AIX 5.3

DB - Oracle 10g

SAP -ECC 6

karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you didn't tell us how much free space there is in /oracle/QAS/sapreorg.

(Note that /oracle and /oracle/QAS/sapreorg may or may not be in the same Unix file system, depending on how your system was installed.)

And another question: How big is your biggest Oracle data file?

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

accoding to Note 17163 - BRARCHIVE/BRBACKUP messages and codes

BR0228E Not enough disk space in %s for compression, missing %4.3f MB.

Explanation: During the free space check, the system determined that the directory defined by parameter compress_dir does not have enough free space for the largest compressed file. The size of the compressed file is calculated based on the last available compression rates. If none exist, default values for the compression rates are used.

Program reaction: If you used option -q, only a warning is issued. Otherwise, processing terminates.

User action: Define a different file directory in parameter compress_dir, or try to create more space in the existing directory. Then restart the operation.

hope this information might help you

cheers

dEE

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for reply

I have solved the problem..

karan