Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Files with password protected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is proxy to file.

When the file reaches the FTP server, it needs to be zipped and password protected.

Later i will be sharing the password to the end client where they can open it.

Let me know how to achieve it via Receiver File adapter.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use the PayloadZipBean adapter module as explained here :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/da9358a1772e97e10000000a155369/content.htm

but there is no password management (afaics) ... You may have to write your own module in order to deal with this ... Or find another way to implement security (payload signing etc)

Rgds

Chris

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The main purpose of making the requirement is that i need the data to be protected.

Either to go for encryption or zip file with password.

Is there any command line utility where i can achive this.

Regards

Krish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may develop your own adapter module by using the java libraries of encryption algorithms.

http://www.securityfocus.com/tools/3491

Or for PGP encryption, u may check the module provided by www.aedaptive.com

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this weblog:-

SAP XI/PI Encode Outgoing Payload using Adapter Module

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to write a batch file which will zip using some winrar or winzip method with password protection and run the same in command line parameters.

My idea is once the file is been dumped into the server, I want a batch file to be run which will zip the file with password .

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the command line(s) option of the file adapter, but I do not know how reliable and efficient a batch would be (especially for production systems). I'd recommend writing an adapter module for this ...

Up to you

Rgds

Chris

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that the zip standard does not cover password encryption.

All implementations of this are ad hoc and, by default, are not compatible with each other (f.ex. try to open a zip encrypted by Winzip in 7z or vice-versa).

Implementing your own module would also require agreement on the receiver side of which tool would be used to decrypt/extract the files. Then, you need to make sure that the API you'll use is compatible with the defined tool.

Regards,

Henrique.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Have you checked this thread where FTPS is suggested to achieve this.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to write your own adapter module for file adpater to achieve this requirement.

Regards,

Prateek