cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGSWD.exe turns gray after server reboot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends

I have a problem concerning the IGS Watchdog (igswd.exe). When I start the sap system (abap only stack) the green lamp for igswd.exe in the Management Console first turn green but after a few seconds it becomes gray.

Before I stopped the system it worked. I stopped the system, performed a Oracle DB Export (just a test for a later system copy) made a reboot of the server and after that lamp turned gray. I made no changes on profiles etc. I don't think that the solution from note 824281 described in other SDN threads will help me (because it worked before I stopped the system and the profiles were not changed).

In Windows Event Log I got the message:

Faulting application igswd.exe, version 7000.42.12.20265, faulting module igswd.exe, version 7000.42.12.20265, fault address 0x00160170.

Because of that message I assumed that the file might be corrupt. I replaced it but unfortunately nothing changed.

Now I have two questions:

- Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

- Does anyone know what kind of consequences the missing of the igswd services on my ECC 6.0 system could have? As far as I know the igs is for calculating complex graphics for BI and SEM. We are not using SEM but we have a BI system (but with no use of complex graphics). At the moment all users are working with the system and I see now problems as far.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Note 514841 - Troubleshooting when a problem occurs with the IGS

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After replacing all IGS Files (means all .exe and .dlls Files) with the newest version from sapnet (note 454042) the IGS worked well.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)