cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured Warehouse with Next Empty Bin strategy for storage type.Please let me know how it behaves??

I.e Suppose I have created 100 Storage bins for my Storage type.

Now for my Raw Material say 'X' I have given the First Bin no: (say ABC 1) in the Material Master & the Max Qty as 200.

So will the System propose the next empty bin (i.e ABC 2) when the Qty in my first Bin (ABC 1) reaches 200??

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand the scenario is you want to select Next Empty Bin strategy for storage type. I believe you are mentioning bin(ABC 1) for material in material master which is fixed bin. It means whatever material is received will go in this bin.Also you are declaring maximum bin qty. It is need to test if given bin in material master gets full then will it take next bin or system will throw error.

To test this please maintain bin, maximum qty in material master & then simulate scenario.

Whatever other replies are received, they are talking about maintaining palletization data which is itself is different scenario.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi & Prashant,

Thanks a lot for the reply's.

I will explain my scenario once again.

See

In the Mat Master for matrl 'X' I have given the max Qty as 200.

Note that I haven't given any Storage bin in the material master as well as in the mov.type 101 for my storage type 001.

Now when I created the transfer order system displayed an error as per the capacity check in my storage type that 15 qtys is exceeded.

So I manually changed the qtys to 200 & then system stored the qtys in 2 Storage Bin (which was determined Automatically).

1 with 200 qtys & 2nd bin with 15 qtys.

Now my reqmnt is If I do another GR for the same material with 100 qtys. Will the system propose the same bin in which I have already stored the above 15 qtys??

I tried to perform this in system but its not workin out.

Hope this is clear.

Since I am new to WM I dont know whether this is possible or whether the system works in this way incase of Putaway strategy.

Appreciate valuable inputs.

Regards,

Edited by: SAP FC on Nov 21, 2008 7:00 PM

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your putaway strategy is" Next Empty bin L" then system will pick new bin every time. If your putaway strategy is "Addition to existing stock I" then system will take in to consideration the capacity of bin which you have mentioned in material master.

Please check.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant ,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I will repeat my doubt once again.

My reqmnt is If I do a GR for a material with 100 qtys. Will the system propose the same bin in which I have already stored some qtys??

Also note that I have maintained the Putaway Strategy - ' Next Empty Bin ' for my Storage type.

Now as you suggested If I maintain the addition to stock check in my storage type for stock placement whether this will work?? or Is it only possible if I use the Addition stock Putaway strategy?

Since I am new to WM I dont know whether this is possible & also I am not sure abt the business scenario's incase of WM.

Suppose If I use the Next empty Bin strategy then system is automatically determining the next empty bin every time I create a TO for the same material even when there is space in the existing bin?

Hope its clear.

Appreciate valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked in past with palletization data in material master & putaway strategy" I" system was considering bin unless the palletization qty matches.Every time after this palletization qty fulfilled system was suggesting new bin for further qty.

Please check with putway strategy "I" & addition to stock permitted.

Regards,

PRashant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

The system proposes the next empty storage bin according to

the index of empty storage bins for putaway. The system generates this index

of empty storage bins when a storage bin is created, and updates it every time

there is a putaway or stock removal. The system automatically looks for a new

empty bin for each storage unit type that is to be put away so there is no need for

a capacity check in the storage type

Regards

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

next empty bin is not based on the maximum qty.

It is based on the 4 things:

1. In material master WM-2 we need to define LE quanity(i.e: qty-uom-sut)

2. In storage type template for putaway strategies we need to assign next empty bin indicator(i.e:C).

3. In strategies we need to do the storage type, section, storage bin type and storage unit type settings.

4. palletization we need to define.

suppose in WM-2 LE qty you defined as 100 for one SUT(Ex:IP) and in palletization you defined 2 SUT's for bin.

Then, if you do GR for 400 qty system will propose 2 empty bins and 100 on each pallet.

Hope it is useful to you.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured Warehouse with Next Empty Bin strategy (Putway Strategy L- Next Empty Bin) for storage type.

I.e Suppose I have created 100 Storage bins for my Storage type.

Now When I do a GR with Mov type 101 (I have configured the destn Storage bin as say ABC 1 in the mov type 101) & I have also activated the capacity check for my storage type.

I.e in the Mat Master for matrl 'X' I have given the max Qty as 200.

So when the Qty in the Bin reaches 200 the system will show an error due to the capacity check.

My Requirement is how to configure the system so that for Matrl X when the GR qty is more than 200 system should automatically determine the next empty bin??

Is this Possible??

Since I am new to WM dont have much idea abt how the system behaves. So please help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please also note the below points.

See as per Hari's Suggestion I have maintained the LE quantity & SUT in my Material Master record (MMR).

Now as per the settings in MMR when I do a GR system is displaying the Palletizatn data correctly.

I.e in my material master I maintained the LE qty as 100 & SUT as IP.

I did GR for 215 qtys. So suggested 3 pallets. ( 2100 & 115).

Now when I created the transfer order system displayed an error as per the capacity check in my storage type that 15 qtys is exceeded.

So I manually changed the qtys to 200 & then system stored the qtys in 2 Storage Bins.

1 with 200 qtys & 2nd bin with 15 qtys.

Now my reqmnt is when I do another GR for the same material with 100 qtys.

Will the system propose the same bin in which I have already stored the above 15 qtys??

I tried to perform this in system but its not workin out.

So please help....

Expecting valuable inputs.

Regards,

Edited by: SAP FC on Nov 20, 2008 7:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Not exactly

each receipt will look for an empty bin to place the stock in

You could try putaway strategy 'I' which works on a capacity check and once the bin is full it will move to next empty bin. This will omly work if their is capacity in the bin for the receipt

I hope that this helps

Frenchy