cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor amster

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please give me the solution how create vendor master.

Thanks,

Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pinto,

Vendor Masters are being created under T. Code: XK01.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

That I know but befor e that what r the setting we have to do.

Thanks,

Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What setting you are asking about?

You need to have purchasing org & company code defined.

Also payment terms & A/c information

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pinto,

While creating Vendor Master, one needs to be careful with:

1. Account Group - i.e. Creditor-type - Admin or Marketing or Logisitcs or Subsidary or Contract Employee etc.. (there are sepearte Number Ranges Assigned to each Account group)

2. Purchasing Organization - i.e. Captial or Non-Capital (and that to Org-based, i.e. for exampple - ADMIN Capital or ADMIN Non-Capital) etc...

Company Code data and Reconciliation Account (the account which is updated parallel to the subledger account for normal postings, for example, invoice or payment) is also required.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: If you require clearing between the customer and vendor, the following requirements must be met:

o The customer number must have been entered in the corresponding vendor master record.

o The vendor number must have been entered in the corresponding customer master record.

o The fields "Clrg with vend." or "Clrg with cust." must have been selected in both master records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating vendor master in XK01 system showing error that

Acct group Z001 uses ext. no. assignment. Specify an account number

Please give me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Das.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you can do vendor master data related settings.

IMG>Logistics - General>Business Partner>Vendors>Control.

You must maintain organization assignments.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pinto,

Acct group Z001 uses ext. no. assignment

This is because, for this particualar account group (Z001), an external assignment is defined in the customizing settings. So you have to given a number in the number interval defined for this account group, in the vendor field.

Check with, T. Code: OMSG

Here you select your account group and go to Tab: Details.

Here, Sub-Tab: General Data, you can see the number range assigned to the account group. If you drop down that number range field then you can see all the available number ranges. Here for the number range assigned to your account group - Z001, there will be a indicator X at the right end, which indicates that an external nuber assignment is there for this number range

If you want to change this external number assignment then go to

T. Code: OMSJ.

Here, Click the Tab: Interval.

In Next Screen, you will get a screen with the number range and number interval assigned to the range.You will see a check box aganist each interval at the right end, and for the number range assigned to your account group the check box will be checked. So if you want o change it, that means if you want system to generate a nuber internally, then uncheck the box and save.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check the no ranges assigned to the vendor account group in OBAS

then go to XKN1 and chose that no range interval and remove the external no assignment tick in the check box

Regards

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all create account groups for vendor with creen layout in t code OBD3

Create no ranges for vendor account groups in tcde XKN1

Assign no ranges in OBAS

Create vendor in XK01

Before that complete enterprise structure should be in place like purchaing org,and purchasing org assigned to company code and purchasing group etc

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 17, 2008 3:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Create vendors in XK01. Give the company code & purchasing org that you intend to create the vendors.

you can choose to maintain the addreess, A/c'g info, purchaisng data etc depending on your business need.

If you have any existing vendor use create with reference sothat you can just change the address. All remaining data like payment info & purchasing data will remain same.

Regards,

Sivanand