cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Billing Qty & Billing Relevance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the need to maintain "Billing Quantity" indicator in billing copying control, while we maintain

the same in "Billing Relevance" indicator in VOV7.

For eg if i set the Billing Relevance is B- which is Relevant for order-related billing - status according to order quantity.,.. then what is need to maintain again in Copying control in the "billing quantity"indicator for that particular item category.

Can anyone please clear my doubt.(With Example )

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing relevance only tells whats the reference document number to look for to do the billing. The billing qty field is useful on how you want to carry out the billing. For example if your delivery has a line item qty 20, split across two batches A and B. If you bill this, it will generate two lines in the biling doc. But if you use Billing Qty - G in the del to bill copy control the billing is done at total qty but not the batch splits.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In VOV7 you assign the billing relevance mentioning that the item is relevant for billing weather order or delivery releated biiling. AGN & AXN items are not relevant for billing (quotation & inquiry).

But in copy controls you mention what quantity should be billed. When you create an invoice for a standard sales order item, for example, the quantity that the system copies into the invoice is the delivery quantity less the quantity already invoiced. If you create a pro forma invoice, the system copies in the order quantity.

For eg: OR order is raised for 100 quantity. Basing on VOV7, all 100 items are revelant for order related billing. Here all 100 items may not be relevant for delivery (could be service or text items). Consider that out of 100, partial delivery is done for 50 & invoiced. So open quantities will be 50.

When you maintain billing quantity F in VTFA, it means that system will copy remaining 50 quantity (not 100) into the invoice. Coz setting F means invoice receipt quantity less invoiced quantity. Here 50 is already invoiced. So F2 is raised only for remaining 50 items from the order.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivanand,

Thanks for the reply.But i have one doubt.As you mentioned in your example all 100 items are relevant for order related billing. If all are order related items then how can we do partial delivery for 50 items?

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Partial delivery is not dependent on billing. In VOV7 you have an option wheather to refer the invoive items from delivery or order. What I have given you is an example to make you understand.

In reality in VOV7 you will usually refer the delivery related billing coz invoice is made on what you deliver than what you order. For service items billing is based on order related.

In your case even tough the setting is F in VTFA, your open quantity will be zero as all items are already invoiced. To explain the significance of billing quantity in VTFA, I have given an example.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does it clarify your question?

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billing relavance is at header level determination. and in copy control we determine both header and item level

Regards,

R.Sudhir