cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's say X and Y are 2 materials and packaging materials are p1 and p2.

While doing the delivery i need to pack x into p1 and y into P2 upto now i can do it...but again p1 and p2 material i need to pack in P(Packing mateiral)

Please let me know the configuration settings.....

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venky,

but again p1 and p2 material i need to pack in P(Packing mateiral)

Create Materail master for the material P (Packing mateiral)same as you might have created for P1 and P2 packing materials.

Do the IMG settings same like P1 and P2 packing materials with different packing material type

IMG>Logistics execution>Shipping-->Packing

Define Packaging Material Type P-pallet (for example)

Define Material Group for Packaging Material as P-pallet

Define Allowed Packaging Materials P-pallet <--> P-pallet

Now you assign this material group for packing material i.e P-pallet, in the P1 and P2 master data -->basic data in Matl Grp Pack.Matls field.

Now you can able to pack the P1 and P2 material in Material P (Packing material)

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Nov 17, 2008 9:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Now i assigned material group (P)for packaging to p1 and p2.......during the delivery i can select the line item and select the Packing material i did for 2 line items...........Now how can i pack these 2 packing materials ...

Please let me know Step by step in Easy Access Screen.

Thanks in advance

regards

Raj

Edited by: venky raj on Nov 17, 2008 10:10 AM

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venky,

Go to Delivery document which you dine the packing with the P1 and P2 packing material from the delivery screen you select the item then click on Pack Icon or Shift+F6 now system will tame you to the Processing of handling units for outbound delivery screen here again you select Handling unit under the Material to be packed screen then click on Pack now system will ask Should system search for allowed packing mat? press yes now ssytem will give the packing material P for that P1 or P2 packing material select that then do the packing.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

For X material i selected X line item and Clicked on Pack Icon......and system given me allowed material..and i selected....same for Y material....

Once i did packing for X and Y material, both packaging material i can see in Upper section.

againg i came back to Delivery Overview Screen.

I holded on 2 packaging material (Which is for X and Y material) and clickon pack icon_System is ging Message :Select the Handling unit for packing_

How can do it this packing.

Thanks in advance

Regards

raj

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venky,

If you maintain packing related data correctly in the master data of P1 and P2 then system will allow those handling units to be packed again in the delivery.The handling units will come in the Material to be packed screen i.e lower screen in the packing overview screen of the delivery,you need to select these handling units then you can do the packing with Material P.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Let me Explain you what i did Configuration:

0008 0002 Container(p1 & p2)

0009 0001 Pallets(P)

I created p1 and p2 material and i Maintained P (Material Group: Packaging Materials as 0009-0002) Material Group: Packaging Materials in Basic data 1 and Sales general Plant Screen

and usually i maintain Material Group: Packaging Materials(0009-0001) in basic data screen in P Material in Basic data-1 and Sales General Plant.

During the Delivery for X material i can choose p1 and Y material p2 and moreover system is generateing Handling units also.......

After that when iam trying to generate Packaging material for P1 & p2 .......in packing Overview screen in delivery document.(here iam confusing 2 packaging materials are in Upper section.....)How can i select P material to pack p1 and p2.

Please Let me know whether configuration is correct or wrong.....and how can i do the p1,p2 material into P...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Raj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venky,

Steps:

1) Create X,Y materials (ROH/HALB/FERT), and P1,P2 material(VERP type)and P materal of VERP type

2) Create Packing Inst in POP1

2.1) Enter material P1 in type P and material X in type M in second field.

Your problem will be resolved with this.

Packing intruction is a rule u are defining that in eg; -> 1 P1 can have 10 X materials. like this.

2.2) Similarlly create packing inst 2 with P2 and Y

3) Now in POP1 create another packing inst , in which enter P material first and Packing inst 1&2 with type (I) in this third packing inst.

this is the second level packing inst.we were talking about.

4) Create Packing detremination in POF1 for all packing inst.

5) Create outbound delivery and click on pack button and create hus there.

Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks a lot for your reply Nisha....

when iam trying to create Packing instr for p1 ...IAm directly going to COmponent Screen.......thr i entered p1 material and trying to save the Document ...system is giving message "At least one material- or packing instruction item is required".

where should i entered..this material.......

IF you have any Screen shots or manual plzz send to venkat.erp at indiatimes.com

regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venky

Go thru the above specified steps u will get it, apart from this initially create pop1 with say suppose material packed into a box in pop1 transaction u will get a instruction no ex.(111). again create in pop1 saying that (111) should be packed into a container.here u can also specify the max. and min.quantities.

Regards

Sujith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam trying to Create Packing Instruction in POP1 T-code in component field i entered P1 material

and system is giving Message "At least one material- or packing instruction item is required"

Please how can i solve the problem?

Regards

raj

Edited by: venky raj on Nov 18, 2008 8:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venky,

As per my understanding u can really go with Automatic packing with primary and secondary packaging instructions with pop1.as above i specified earlier.b'cos manually u can do only primary packaging.

Regards

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujith...

I didnt interact with automatic packing......CAn you plzz give me Step by step Procedure.......

I really thankful for you Reply...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venky raj

Packing can be done in 2 ways 1) Manually as u did it by selecting in delivery and 2) Automatically

Hope ur scenario is very much possible by going with Automatic Packaging.Follow the given below steps

Automatic packaging instructions have to be written in pop1and pof1 with standard SHIP condition record determination has to be given.

Make sure of the following settings.

1. Go to *SPRO-

2.Logistics Execution-

3.Packing-Define packaging material types-

4.Select ur packaging material type-

5.In Plant Determination -Enter Plant proposed from the packaging material*.

&

there are two logics regarding generation of delivery items for packaging materials. You can check those two cases in note 831204.

case I)

=====

1) you should check transaction 0184 if a delivery item category is defined for the combination of your

*delivery type +

*item category group that is defined in the material master of the packaging material (should be 'VERP' in standard) -> in case of outbound deliveries it is defined under 'Sales' view of material master, -> in case of inbound deliveries the data in field 'General Item Category Group' is relevant under 'Basic data 1' view of material master) +

*the item usage 'PACK'

AND

2) you should check your settings for the plant determination of the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

====================

OR

case II)

======

1) same as in case I)

AND

2) check tr. 0vlk if 'Gen. pack.matl item' is flagged for your delivery type

AND

3) check your settings for generating delivery items for the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

Regards

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sujith,

Client requirment is Manual packing process....

Let me Explain you what i did Configuration:

0008 0002 Container(p1 & p2)

0009 0001 Pallets(P)

I created p1 and p2 material and i Maintained P (Material Group: Packaging Materials as 0009-0002) Material Group: Packaging Materials in Basic data 1 and Sales general Plant Screen

and usually i maintain Material Group: Packaging Materials(0009-0001) in basic data screen in P Material in Basic data-1 and Sales General Plant.

During the Delivery for X material i can choose p1 and Y material p2 and moreover system is generateing Handling units also.......

After that when iam trying to generate Packaging material for P1 & p2 .......in packing Overview screen in delivery document.(here iam confusing 2 packaging materials are in Upper section.....)How can i select P material to pack p1 and p2.

Please Let me know whether configuration is correct or wrong.....and how can i do the p1,p2 material into P...

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venki,

why dont you use Packing instructions.

For material X & P1 create 1 Packing instruction in transaction POP1.

For material Y & P2 create second Packing instruction in transaction POP1.

Now create a top level packing insruction for P inwhich u can keep these two packing instructions(already created).

Create Packing determinations for these in ta: POF1

and during delivery creation automatically u can get the HUs.

Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

FOr making Packing Instruction my Requirment is not solved.....

I need to pack p1 & p2 (Card boxes) into P(Wooden box)

Thanks in advance

Regards

raj

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venki,

According to your requirement.. as you want to pack 2 packing materials P1, P2 into 1 packing material P.

Auxillary material : "suppose you are packing a fragile item. : first you have packed that in a paper and then in a big box" so in this case this paper is a auxillary material and serving as a opacking material. and in this big box you can plan to keep many more papers like this.(this sounds like yout scenaio)correct me if i am wrong.:-)

Use Auxillary materials(kind of packing material- use for packing purpose) for creation of P1 and P2 . craete packing inst in same way i expalined earlier

and later in POP1 use type R (refernece ) to create a packing instruction.

if this is not serving your purpose, please elaborate your sceraio in deatil.

Regards,

Nisha