SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB - BCS Value type - Budget with automatic release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FMBB, I could only see two BCS value types : 1)Budget and 2) Release

There is no BCS Value type : Budget with automatic Release. I have also created document type for this with scenario Budget with automatic release.

Is there any special customisation for this???

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please help me ..

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

There are only 'Budget' or 'Release' that can be managed. Anyway, the release is better to perform via FMMPRELE - Release Budget Data and not via FMBB.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Thank You Eli for reply.

Then how and where do we use document type which is created with scenario Budget with automatic release.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

0 Kudos

The automatic release, when activated, will be using this budget type.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

Even if activate release scenario - automatic release. In FMBB I could not see BCS Value type budget with automatic release.

What is the process flow/transaction for using scenario Automatic Release.

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Please check these IMG activities which may influence the release process:

Basic Settings ->Definition of Budget Data->Budget Releases

Define Release Scenario

Define Release Scenario per Fund Type

Define Release Scenario per Fund

Define Budget Types for Release

Assign Budget Types for Release to Processes

And

Budget Entry ->Budget Entry Documents->Document Definition

Define Document Types

Check the release scenario assigned to the doc type involved

Please check also this information below to clarify issue, according to this if you decide to Release per FM area only can create exceptions per fund or fund type, system designed.

Budget Releases

Overview of Release Scenarios IMG Activity Document

You want to use releases for your FM area, but do not need this function for a specific fund or fund type, for which the voted budget is immediately available and therefore does not need to be released. So you

first activate the release for your FM area, then specify the exceptions per fund or fund type by choosing the scenario "no release" for this in the IMG activity Define Release Scenario for each Fund or Define Release Scenario for each Fund Type.

More information for you understanding,

In some organizations, the assignment of a budget amount does not necessarily mean that the funds can be directly used for covering expenditures in availability control. As a result, BCS allows you to

release budget values so that they are gradually available for availability control.

You can release budget values as a percentage or as whole amounts.

Availability control only refers to overall values or to annual values.

Therefore, releasing budget for specific periods does not make much sense.

You can carry out as many releases as you want, but in total they cannot exceed the existing (annual or overall) budget.

You can carry out individual releases at any time.

In order to define a release scenario, you have to follow a specific sequence of Customizing steps in the IMG. You first specify that you would like to activate the release functionality in your FM area.

Next you can define exceptions to this rule for a specific fund or fund type.

Then, in the budgeting workbench (FMBB) or in the mass release transaction, you can carry out further manual releases.

IMG -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management Government -> Budget

Control System (BCS) -> BCS Budgeting -> Definition of Budget Data -> Budget Releases

Using the document type you can control the scenario to be supported for a specific fund or Fund type when you create a budget entry document.

You can choose between the following scenarios:

Budget only - only budgeted amounts are contained in the budget document (value type B1)

Release only - only released amounts are contained in the budget document (value type R1)

Budget with automatic release - you create a budget document entering budget values, but the system automatically adds document lines which release 100% of the entered budget. You can use this also for two-sided processes like Transfer. In the specific case of a transfer document (send / receive), the following applies:

For the sender side, the system creates an additional line with value type Release (R1) and process Return.

For the receiver side, the system creates an additional line with value type Release (R1) and process Supplement.

I hope all these information will be useful.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

0 Kudos

HI Vanessa,

Thanks a lot for your inputs!!

I have checked the config setting once again and found evrything to be okay... the problem is in FMBB i could only see two drop downs for BCS Value type : 1) Budget and 2) Released. There is no BSC value type with "Budget with automatic release". So what is the process if I want to post budget with automtaic release.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

You will not find this option it will happen automatically as per your settings in IMG (the same that I have mentioned before).

In my previous reply I tried to explain this process in detail. Please try to follow my suggestions. It should work.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

I need help in Funds Management (ECC 6.0). We have defined Release Scenario, defined a budget type for Release, assigned Budget type to Process and activated status. I am able to create Budget documents, this document type is just for Budgets and not for automatic release, but even before releasing the budgeted amount, the transaction gets processed for the Budgeted amount.

Everything seems to be in order. But don't know why before releasing the budget, the amount is available for consumption.

Is there any specific activation that needs to be done??Please help.

0 Kudos

Hello -

I have done followig configs for Release:

1) Defined release scenario for FM area

2)Defined Budget type for Release

3) Assigned the process ' Enter" Return and Transfer to the above budget type.

And Defined a Document type with automatic release.

In FMBBC i am trying to post a budget entry with :

Value Type: budget

Document type: Auto release doc type

Bud type: Relavent for value type - budget.

Budget is not getting released automatically. Did i miss any other setting?

Please advise.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos

I saw a post of yours that said......I need help in Funds Management (ECC 6.0).  We have defined Release Scenario, defined a budget type for Release, assigned Budget type to Process and activated status.  I am able to create Budget documents, this document type is just for Budgets and not for automatic release, but even before releasing the budgeted amount, the transaction gets processed for the Budgeted amount.

Everything seems to be in order.  But don't know why before releasing the budget, the amount is available for consumption.

Is there any specific activation that needs to be done??Please help..........I need to know if you finally got the answer because I am also facing a similar problem. Thank you