cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute SapGUI 710 Globally

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting ready to distribute SAPGUI7 to 500 users using SMS, I created the package using the sap installation server, how do used sms to distribute the package any help will be appreciated, How do you create a package in SMS? And what are the steps I am new to this.

Thanks

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage Management Subsystem (SMS). A component of MVS/DFP that is used to automate and centralize the management of storage by providing the storage administrator with control over data class, storage class, management class, storage group, and automatic class selection routine definitions.

A SAP Installation Server is created on a File Server share and then copied into an SMS package.

May be this guide can be helpful to you :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/52450000-0801-0010-a3bd-951bb8fb...

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage Management Subsystem (SMS). A component of MVS/DFP that is used to automate and centralize the management of storage by providing the storage administrator with control over data class, storage class, management class, storage group, and automatic class selection routine definitions.

A SAP Installation Server is created on a File Server share and then copied into an SMS package.

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain