Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is special in hr security( info cubes )

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am familier with general sap security, in which we can keep certain tcodes in a role. based on the tcode you select the corresponding authorisation object will be selected. then you can go to change authorisations tab and customize the authorisation object . but i always wonder people keep on say hr role building is bit different. can any body explain me how this hr role building is different from general hr security?

also can any one give me one exercise question so that i can work on that and get some knowledge

regards

akhil

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but i always wonder people keep on say hr role building is bit different. can any body explain me how this hr role building is different from general hr security?

In addition to the standard security HR also has "structural authorizations". You can start by using that as a search term in this forum. Also search the HR forums.

> also can any one give me one exercise question so that i can work on that and get some knowledge

That's a difficult one. Exam questions are copyrighted and besides that, in my opinion HR security can not be learned by excercising based on questions.

The term "info cubes" in your post subject is more related to BI security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Name: akhil k

>Registered: Mar 27, 2007

>Total Posts: 116

>Total Questions: 85 (75 unresolved) <= Please follow-up on your unanswered questions.

>Forum Points: 6

Try to use the search before you ask questions, and then manage your questions responsibly as others put an effort into it sometimes (and when they see that you do, then they will probably put a bit more effort in.

For example:

>Name: Julius Bussche

>Registered: Mar 13, 2006

>Total Posts: 4,180

>Total Questions: 100 (3 unresolved) <= Try to do it like this.

>Forum Points: 2,792

Note that the "comment" field is not mandatory when closing the thread.

Also note that you can also simply delete the whole thread now, together with all the answers.

This is the reason why I will not answer your question nor try to help you, until you clean-up your past threads by following up and closing them.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

hi

i have cleared all my unresolved questions now.

thanks

akhil

0 Kudos

Thank you for setting a good example Akhil!

If you would prefer me to delete the comment(s) now, you can use the triangular warning sign on the right.

Two other important things to know about HR infotype security is how Logical Databases (LDB's) are used and take a long read through Function Module HR_READ_INFOTYPE to understand how the main authorization objects are used.

Thanks again,

Julius

0 Kudos

hi

actually i am a basis consultant.and i dont know abap. is there any way i can understand this hr security with out knowledge of ABAP.

0 Kudos

ABAP knowledge is certainly not a requirement allthough it may help. The best way to get started will be the two day SAP course HR940.

0 Kudos

Jurjen's answer is mine as well.

Personally I find that a civilized amount of ABAP knowledge is generally very usefull in the SAP world.

Cheers,

Julius