Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order-bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In cs01 i've maintained

computer as main item (item cat -erla)

mouse/keyboard - as subitems (item cat norm)

requirements is when we enter computer in sale orders -subitems should not explode in sale order.

Pl suggest how to prevent sub items to explode in sales order (& pricing must happen for maint item Computer only)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPSD,

If you don't want to explode the subitems i.e BOM then you just remove the BOM explosion settings in the itemcategory of the main item (Computer).

Go to VOV7 transaction then selct your main item item category then go in to the details here you remove the settings for these fields,

Structure scope - maintain Blank -Do not explode material structure

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI murali,

thx for replyin

i checked in vov7 TAQ structure scope is A (currently)

Pl tel me the diffrerence between

A Explode single-level bill of material

B Explode multi-level bill of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

A will explode the BOM only till the child items. For eg if Material A has child items X, Y & Z, it will display A as main item & X, Y & Z as sub items. If X inturn has sub items, it will not display.

Whereas B will also display the sub items of the child items.

For eg in the above case if X has sub items M, N & O, then setting B will display A as main item, X, Y & Z as child items & M, N & O as sub items of X. If M inturn also has 1, 2 & 3 as sub items, it will also display them. This is called nested BOM.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPSD,

A Explode single-level bill of material

If you use this settings BOM will get explode at signle level in the sales order.

For example :- Computer is the maini tem ,Mouse,Key board,CPU and moniter are sub items

You have maintained BOM for this main item with these subitems in CSO1 transaction, when you enter the main item computer in the sales order the sub items Mouse,Key board,CPU and moniter are sub items will get explode based on the combination you mentined in the BOM, this is called single-level bill of material explosion.

B Explode multi-level bill of material

If you use this settings BOM will get explode at multi level in the sales order.

For example :- Computer is the maini tem ,Mouse,Key board,CPU and moniter are sub items again sub items may have sub items,

Now when you maintained BOM in the CS01 transaction you can maintain the main item Computer under that sub items Mouse,Key board,CPU and moniter agian you can maintain sub item like CD drive ,mother board etc.for the sub items.

When you enter the mainitem cimputer in the sales order system will explode 2 levels of BOM

1.Explosion of Computer sub items Mouse,Key board,CPU and moniter

2.Explosion of sub items of the sub items CD drive ,mother board etc. this called multi-level bill of material explosion.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Thx for replyin

I have few more queries

1. if only main item come in sales order -with out exploding subitems will there be any impact on costing of material.(mouse /keyboard)

2. will the stock of subitems get reduced when we delivery main item (computer),

stock of mouse/keyboard will it get reduced

PL suggest

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Explosion of BOM is controlled from the Item category of the main item. So go to the item category of the main tem(VOV7) and make check box "Structure scope" as blank.

One more thing, you have marked the Item category of the main Item as "ERLA", but it should be "Item Category Group" actually of the main Item and not the Item category.

If you are using "Item category group" as "ERLA" for the main Item(in the material master in sales org 2) , then Item category of Main Item should be "TAQ "and Item category of the sub-items should be "TAE".

Here, Main Item is relevant for price.

If you do not want to explode the BOM, then go to Item category "TAQ" (t.code VOV7) and in the check box "STRUTURE SCOPE" , choose "Blank".

iF YOU WANT TO EXPLODE, single level then choose"A", and if your BOM is a multi level BOM and you also want to explode to multi level, then obviously you have to choose "B".

Edited by: pradyumna on Nov 17, 2008 5:19 AM