cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have created bins in warehouse,and while i receive stock, at the time of creating TO and confirming the TO the system offers a bin, however i want the option where in i choose the bin into which the stock should be placed,, how can i do this ???

Thanks and Regards

Swadeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case you need to validate the Bin you select and regarding Validations on Bin:

1.Validate whether the Bin is not blocked by reading LAGP for given LGNUM & LGPLA and checking the fields LAGP-SKZUE & LAGP-SKZSE are Space(not X).

2.Check if entered Bin is Assigned to the Storage Type i.e. LAGP-LGTYP = Storage Type.

3.Check if the Storage Unit Type is assigned to this Bin:

Read table T334E for given LGNUM , LGTYP and LET&& = given Stoarge Unit Typr(LETYP).

4.Check if the Storage Unit Type is assigned to the Storage Bin Type(LPTYP) of Bin entered.

Read table T334P for given LGNUM ,LETYP and LPT&& = LAGP-LPTYP

****After applying all these validations you can even restrict the Bins Proposed.

Edited by: Neha Shukla on Nov 17, 2008 8:34 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bins are determined on the basis of storage type search automatically while TO creation.

You can use one option in which you can do first putaway in fixed bin & then you can transfer material from fixed bin to desired bin through LT10

If you are creating TO from TR manually then you can put the bin manually.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my best knowledge whether you input the destination bin manually or it is determined automatically based on your settings (e.g. storage type search, material master data, etc).

Even though your requirement is interesting and seems very natural (to choose the destination bin from a drop-down list e.g., where the list items are selected / filtered based on your settings) I dont know about the existence of such function in standard SAP.

I'm afraid you have to solve this problem yourself trough a development.

(I couldn't check whether there's a note for this because SAP service portal doesn't work properly)

I would suggest you to wait for the reply of the others, and you can also ask Jurgen on MM forum.

(maybe there's some user exit, but I have serious doubts...)

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 16, 2008 8:14 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 16, 2008 8:16 PM