cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master,for a Vendor, takes wrong Ship-to in Return Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Process: Return to vendor based on the standard PO (type NB) with return delivery (type RL).

Settings Made: A customer master with account group Sold-to created and the code maintained in vendor master and vice versa. In this customer master Ship-to parter is not the same as other partner functions. Say Sold-to = Billed-to = Payer = 1234, but Ship-to = 5678.

Issue: Whenever a return delivery is created agianst a PO (in VL10D) the system proposes Ship-to customer same as the sold-to 1234 . Delivery is getting processed without any error but the question is why system should propose 1234 as Ship-to which is not defined in the parter functions of Sold-to cusotmer 1234? Instead system should take 5678 as Ship-to which is the only entry in the sold-to cusotmer 1234 available.

If a sales order is created for this customer, system correctly populates Sold-to (1234) and Ship-to (5678). The issue is only when a return delivery gets created against a standard PO.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My reply to you is more of logical than SAP

Normally SP is the most dominant and important party in a sales process

If you have a different SH in a CMR that means this sold to party tells you rather than delivering goods to me you deliver it to this person

In standard SAP goods receiving hrs,Taxes,ship to address these are the data taken from a SH in a sales order

In case of returns the decision to return stocks will be taken only by SP and not the person who receives the goods

What i am telling is more of logical business process

That is why the system is proposing likewise

May be the other experts has give better explanation for this

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, I've figured out how to resolve this.

Since the existing master is only for Ship-to, while raising the invoice system looks for Payer and Billed to Party. If and only if the presnet Ship-to Accout group is also assigned functions of SP,BP,PY as allowed in the parter proceudre config we can do the following step.

Assign SP, BP,and PY in the existing Ship-to master record in the parterns tab with the same number.

With that system detects the existing cusotmer code as SH,SP,BP, PY and allows invoice creation. Hence there is no need to create any new master data records.

Hope this helps somebody somewhere.

Thanks,

Hemant