Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC versus Proxy -> many standard-Prozesses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

this topic is discussed already quite often. Anyway one more point:

Following situation: SAP/R3 implementation basing on ERP2004 using many standard process. It is to implemente an interface to a storage system, so many standard information like delivery, material master, goods movements and so on have to be transferred. The easy possiblity would be to use the standard idocs and expand them with some customer specific fields und use the message control to send the idocs in dependence from certain process steps.

Alternatively I could develop proxies with all the known advantages (performance, overhead etc.).

The proxies could use BAPIs and so the development effort would be ok, but what about the processing of the proxy? Do I have to implement this manually or trigger them by a workflow-event? What about reprocessing? If an proxy message could not be executed because of professional incorrect data (for example EDI-Data coming from customer have incorrect material number, etc.)? This check can only be done by SAP/R3 backend and not XI. Idocs could be reprocessed manually after correcting the data.

Has anybody of you some experience or some recommendation for me? Prefering IDOC with Adapter?? Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Do I have to implement this manually or trigger them by a workflow-event?

yes

>>>This check can only be done by SAP/R3 backend and not XI. Idocs could be reprocessed manually after correcting the data.

not true, you can do it in the XI and restart the process in the XI (we19 = test tab in rwb)

(both are not recommended)

BTW

if you're using a storage system (some sofr of a warehouse ) then

DWMS scenario (based on idocs) seems to be

the best solution and it's a very well known standard

Regards,

michal